Cross Country EV caravan - Ride the Future Tour

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benswing

A group of EV drivers will be crossing the country starting in Charleston, SC on July 4th and finishing at Google HQ in Mountain View, CA. We'll break the Guinness World record for distance traveled in an electric car, electric motorcycle, electric scooter and electric-assist bicycle. We will be throwing town parties in 43 cities and towns across the US and would love to meet up with local EV drivers!

Our town parties will highlight electric vehicles, so it would be great to have local EV drivers meet up with us. You can follow along with the tour at http://RideTheFutureTour.com or http://www.facebook.com/ridethefuturetour . We plan to arrive in each city in the afternoon and have the party that evening around 6-10pm. If you can bring your vehicle to meet up with us, please post a note to our Facebook page.

Hope to see you on the road! These are the dates we will be arriving in each city:
3-Jul - Charleston, SC
4-Jul - Columbia, SC
5-Jul - Greenville, SC
6-Jul - Athens, SC
7-Jul - Atlanta, GA
8-Jul - Calhoun, GA
9-Jul - Chatannooga, TN
10-Jul - McMinnville, TN
11-Jul - Nashville, TN
12-Jul - Natchez Trace State Park
13-Jul - Whiteville, TN
14-Jul - Memphis, TN
15-Jul - Brinckley, AR
16-Jul - Little Rock, AR
17-Jul - Oden, AR
18-Jul - Ft. Smith, AR
19-Jul - Henryetta, OK
20-Jul - Oklahoma City, OK
21-Jul - Clinton, OK
22-Jul - Shamrock, TX
23-Jul - Amarillo, TX
24-Jul - Tucumcari, NM
25-Jul - Las Vegas, NM
26-Jul - Santa Fe, NM
27-Jul - Albuquerque, NM
28-Jul - Grants, NM
29-Jul - Sanders, AZ
30-Jul - Winslow, AZ
31-Aug - Flagstaff, AZ
1-Aug - Grand Canyon
2-Aug - Seligman, AZ
3-Aug - Kingman, AZ
4-Aug - Las Vegas, NV
5-Aug - Baker, CA
6-Aug - Barstow, CA
7-Aug - Big Bear Lake, CA
8-Aug - Corona, CA
9-Aug - Newport Beach, CA
10-Aug - Santa Monica, CA
11-Aug - Santa Barbara, CA
12-Aug - San Luis Obispo, CA
13-Aug - Big Sur, CA
14-Aug - Sunset State Beach, CA
15-Aug - San Gregorio, CA
16-Aug - Google Headquarters, Mountain View, CA

* If you live in Northern California, you can ride with us from San Gregorio, up to the Golden Gate Bridge, then back down to Stanford and finally to Google HQ. The whole day will involve about 94mi of driving, and we plan to recharge during a stop at FIsherman's Wharf.

One possible way to recharge more vehicles is to use a RV electrical hookup at a camp ground. Some campsites have 240v 50 amp electric range type socket. By making an adapter cord for your charging station it would be possible to make it into a mobile charger. I would like to sugest that EV owners along the way could offer the use of thier charging stations.

jeffand said:
One possible way to recharge more vehicles is to use a RV electrical hookup at a camp ground. Some campsites have 240v 50 amp electric range type socket. By making an adapter cord for your charging station it would be possible to make it into a mobile charger. I would like to sugest that EV owners along the way could offer the use of thier charging stations.

I use the two pin RV socket at home and at work and have the RV plug hardwired on my Clipper Creek charging station. This way I get to charge at work and home. It works awesome.
Too bad you guys aren't going the Southern route along the 10 through AZ, I would have loved to volunteer and see all the cars.
With that many people participating it would be cool to have a semi truck follow with a ton of plugs.

Back