Considering FFE - Advice?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdugan

I live in central Illinois - not exactly EV headquarters around here ;-) My daily driving would work fine for an EV, and this will not be my only vehicle, but I would plan to drive it as often as possible. I can only find a few Leaf's around here and this FFE:
http://www.hellerstores.net/Used-2012-Ford-Focus-Electric-Base-El-Paso-IL/vd/29712576
Any opinions about the price, miles, etc. Why FFE over 2013+ Leaf? I'm sure there are some posts around here on that opinion. From what have researched the FFE gets high marks for driving dynamics and temperature controlled battery...
In the past I had a Camry Hybrid, and then moved into a C-Max and wasn't quite impressed with the quality or mileage...
I look forward to everyone's opinion on the subject - Thanks!

jsdugan said:
I live in central Illinois - not exactly EV headquarters around here ;-) My daily driving would work fine for an EV, and this will not be my only vehicle, but I would plan to drive it as often as possible. I can only find a few Leaf's around here and this FFE:
http://www.hellerstores.net/Used-2012-Ford-Focus-Electric-Base-El-Paso-IL/vd/29712576
Any opinions about the price, miles, etc. Why FFE over 2013+ Leaf? I'm sure there are some posts around here on that opinion. From what have researched the FFE gets high marks for driving dynamics and temperature controlled battery...
In the past I had a Camry Hybrid, and then moved into a C-Max and wasn't quite impressed with the quality or mileage...
I look forward to everyone's opinion on the subject - Thanks!

I test drove both Leaf and FFE and liked the way the FFE drove. Felt more solid and more like a regular car. Also cheaper than leaf. The Leaf has some good points such as the fast charging option for 2016 and extended range. I am like you and mostly need it for commuting so works perfectly. If not much selection factory order exactly what you want.

Back