Charging at any Ford dealership?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naterry

Hi, can we charge our FFE at any Ford dealership like the service Nissan provides to LEAF owners? Thank you.

My local dealer in San Diego has two blink chargers that cost $1/hr, however they also have one or two others that they offered to let me use. I need to call ahead, and I only drive about 12 miles to work so I have not taken them up on it.

I read that all Ford Dealers that are certified to sell Electric vehicles must have an available charger. My dealer has one mounted on the wall of the building accessible for anyone to drive up and plug in.

Thank you for the reply. FFE is new in my state. So most dealerships have no EV certification and have no idea about the car, how the system works....etc. I guess I need to try few EV dealerships and see how they react.

danholl said:
I read that all Ford Dealers that are certified to sell Electric vehicles must have an available charger. My dealer has one mounted on the wall of the building accessible for anyone to drive up and plug in.
Available to them? Yes. Public? No. The dealer I purchased from has their charger in the service bay.

danholl said:

It's nice to hear about that. By the way, did you know that getting a good deal on a Ford car is much easier than you might think? There is a site that can help. I'm glad that it helped me determine exactly what kind of car I wanted and how much I was prepared to pay before I headed to a car dealership near me.

danholl, I believe the EV certification conditions require the dealer to have two charging outlets, one in the customer space and one outside, but I don't know whether the dealer has to make them available to anyone in particular.

Back