Charge Door Decal

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kakkerlak

One of the dealer-installed options on an FFE I'm looking at is a "Charge Door Decal".

Does anyone on the Forum have one and can post a photo ?

I expect there's a little icon of a wall socket or an EV logo of some type.

In part I'm curious, but in part I want to needle the dealership because it had better be sixty bucks worth of decal.

Kakkerlak said:
One of the dealer-installed options on an FFE I'm looking at is a "Charge Door Decal".

Does anyone on the Forum have one and can post a photo ?

I expect there's a little icon of a wall socket or an EV logo of some type.

In part I'm curious, but in part I want to needle the dealership because it had better be sixty bucks worth of decal.
I haven't seen one other then online but can't imagine it being worth $60 just for a sticker..

I don't know what the decal is or could possibly be, but there are plenty of nice super cheap decals/stickers you could get. I've got several just waiting to be applied, but can't decide where to put them. I hadn't considered the charge door, but now I think that's a perfect place for one of my triangular High Voltage decals.

Just do a search on amazon and etsy and cafepress and eBay for 'electric car sticker decal'.

I'm a potential FFE buyer, so I've been looking at online listings for a while.

When I find small differences in listed price for FFEs, the two most common small dealer-installed options are a charge door decal and a charge cord bag, both listing for $60.

In my mind those are just tiny little profit bumps, but it's probably silly to argue about them.

I have some nice orange industrial "240 VAC" stickers I'll probably put on the charge door.

Here you go.

OOMbhgp.jpg

You can buy the decal here:
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/ford/focus/dm5z5820000aa/2014-year/electric-trim/electric-engine/exterior-cat/graphics-stripes-and-trim-kits-scat/?part_name=charge-door-decal

It costs $35.

Here is the charge cord organizer:
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/ford/focus/vcv6z10c744a/2014-year/electric-trim/electric-engine/interior-cat/cargo-organization-scat/?part_name=charge-cord-bag-by-thule

OIIVFuI.jpg

$45

Ah, now I remember seeing that sticker before. But I certainly wouldn't pay money for it, much less a whopping $35.

I also would not get that bag either. Seems to me that it'd be more trouble than a help, and $45 is crazy also.

Yeah, sixty bucks as a "dealer installed option". I was considering asking them not to "install" those but if it's already stuck on there I don't want to be the jerk who won't pay for an option line item, especially when I'm negotiating a bigger discount.

$60 is a lot IMO. I'd say it's all part of that negotiation, especially since it's an addon option, and I wouldn't go for it at all.

I asked about the charge door decal because I'd never seen one, though I've only seen ten or so FFEs at dealerships. If it's not already stuck on the car I think I can ask for it to be removed from the invoice.

Besides I like the warning stickers from work better.

I just went the cheap route, I saw a pic online I liked, then printed it out, and took some vinyl and an exacto knife and trimmed it. Cost a whole $2 in vinyl.

bpa8d8hiq3kj48jzg.jpg

EVA said:
Here you go.

OOMbhgp.jpg

You can buy the decal here:
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/ford/focus/dm5z5820000aa/2014-year/electric-trim/electric-engine/exterior-cat/graphics-stripes-and-trim-kits-scat/?part_name=charge-door-decal

It costs $35.

Not a good design in my opinion. Looks like EF which could look like some variation of E85.

vivavegas said:
I just went the cheap route, I saw a pic online I liked, then printed it out, and took some vinyl and an exacto knife and trimmed it. Cost a whole $2 in vinyl.

bpa8d8hiq3kj48jzg.jpg
That looks better than the OE decal... :lol:

Back