Cargo capacity - get over it

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogerschro said:
What amazes me is Ford was able to make a design that integrates so well that they can produce the EV in the SAME LINE as their ICE counterparts, rather than pulling an ICE car out and redoing it like say a Shelby was. I think Ford is the first to produce an EV alongside the ICE without adding cost to have a whole separate production facility. I find it an elegant solution and great design work to accomplish that! :mrgreen:
Yes!

I was floored the first time I saw those videos JMueller linked to showing the FFE being built randomly on the exact same production line as the ICE. That is incredible genius on Ford's part to do that. I'm guessing the person that came up with that idea didn't get the huge reward they deserve.

EVA said:
Rogerschro said:
What amazes me is Ford was able to make a design that integrates so well that they can produce the EV in the SAME LINE as their ICE counterparts, rather than pulling an ICE car out and redoing it like say a Shelby was. I think Ford is the first to produce an EV alongside the ICE without adding cost to have a whole separate production facility. I find it an elegant solution and great design work to accomplish that! :mrgreen:
Yes!

I was floored the first time I saw those videos JMueller linked to showing the FFE being built randomly on the exact same production line as the ICE. That is incredible genius on Ford's part to do that. I'm guessing the person that came up with that idea didn't get the huge reward they deserve.
I agree! I wonder if the Fusion Hybrid/Energi production works the same way or if they're built in batches. I wonder if the C-Max can be interspersed within the Focus production in Michigan or if they have to do special runs for the C-Max.

Watch this plant video and you'll see C-Max'es in line with Focuses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jp-YHytD8

Here is a playlist (not created by me) of a bunch of Michigan Assembly videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jp-YHytD8&list=PLVHQIfedIDXETxUABqnCwPahnp3htVEtF

More one carry's in the car, more energy will be needed to haul that cargo, ore weight= more load. I commute 40miles one way, charge at office. I keep the cargo in my FFE to bare minimum!

Focus is pretty well balanced comparatively (for a non-canyon-carver sports car).
ford_focusEV_chassis.jpg

That makes the cargo space available and assembly line process that much more impressive!

Funny thread. My FFE(Focus) has much more useable cargo space than my other car. I had to take the Focus to drop off relatives and their luggage at the airport and charge up to get back since our FFE(Fusion) couldn't fit their luggage.

Back