Car OAT temp and temp from myfordmobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper7821

I have a question about temperature.
I just walked to my car and the temp gauge says 115 degrees (yes it's hot in the middle of the desert) and on MyFordMobile in the remote control tab the temp says 96 which is what the weather on my cell phone says.
Does that mean that the temp probe is inside the car somewhere? Just don't get why there's almost 20 degrees difference in actual outside temp and what the car says.
My BMW was pretty accurate with what it was outside. The probe was inside the wheel well.

Also, the miles from regen mean on the trip summary.
And when braking I usually get 99-100% recovery. what is it measuring recovery from?

I have no idea about the temperature gauge but the recovery question is interesting. I don't know that there has been a specific formula but here's my guess. They determine how much of the braking is done using the engine (regeneration) versus how much is done with the brake pads. Turn those into percentages and subtract the brake pad amount from the engine amount and you get the overall regen percentage. If the brake pads aren't used, or aren't used until the very end, then you get 100%. I don't think they have an actual number of watts that they expect to get from slowing from a certain speed to a stop. That would depend on too many variables (weight of objects in the car, wind resistance etc).

vetboy45 said:
I have no idea about the temperature gauge but the recovery question is interesting. I don't know that there has been a specific formula but here's my guess. They determine how much of the braking is done using the engine (regeneration) versus how much is done with the brake pads. Turn those into percentages and subtract the brake pad amount from the engine amount and you get the overall regen percentage. If the brake pads aren't used, or aren't used until the very end, then you get 100%. I don't think they have an actual number of watts that they expect to get from slowing from a certain speed to a stop. That would depend on too many variables (weight of objects in the car, wind resistance etc).

Ahh I see. Makes total sense.
Thank you very much

Back