Car Features Question

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acreerl

I have a couple of questions as I wait for my car to arrive at the dealer any day now...

Looking through the 2015 owner's manual, I found a couple of things that made me wonder. In particular, there were two items listed in there with the caveat of "If equipped" that I did not know were even options on the car. Does anyone know about the possibility of a SecuriCode "hidden" touchpad on the FFE and/or daytime running lamps. The manual describes both of them, but I didn't see any way to request them in an order. I happen to like the option of locking/unlocking my Fusion Hybrid with the keypad and got my hopes up that it would be on the FFE as well. Anyone have either of these options on their car?

Rob

I'm not 100% sure on a 2015, but on a 2014:

DRL is not enabled on the US models, but you can leave the headlight switch in the ON position all the time. Ours has been on since we got it.

No keypad option but it isn't needed with the FFE. As long as your key is in your pocket, the car will unlock when you grasp the door handle. There is a small touch patch on the outside of the handle that locks it. It's really pretty slick.

The only thing that bugs me is that every Extended Service Plan, including the super-premium covers-all-the-gizmos plan, specifically excludes.....door handles.

I haven't unlocked in a traditional sense since we got the car. For my 2015, I simply touch the door handle to lock and unlock it.

I do not have a keypad or DRLs either, but I often drive with the park lights on as I like the top row of lights in the headlight assembly.

I would like to have the keypad as well. I like to be able to lock the key in the car when I go for a run, instead of having to carry it in my pocket.

The other "missing feature" on these cars is an auto-dimming rear view mirror. This is one of those features that you don't realize how much you miss it until you drive a car without it. I'm surprised Ford didn't include this, everything else seems to be included!

Keith

jmueller065 said:
You can go to a Ford dealer and pick up a stick on keycode (it just impersonates a keyfob).
http://accessories.ford.com/actuator-asy.html

I saw that, and other than the fact that it's ugly and looks like an add-on (unlike the factory system that is nicely integrated into the B-pillar), the web-site says it is not compatible with vehicles with push button start. Has anybody tried this on our cars?

Keith

Thanks for all of the good responses. I like the keypad so that I don't have to carry a key in my pocket...I like the ability to lock it in the car as someone else mentioned. Not a huge deal, I suppose, but I figured I would ask since I saw it in the manual.

Thanks again!

campfamily said:
The other "missing feature" on these cars is an auto-dimming rear view mirror. This is one of those features that you don't realize how much you miss it until you drive a car without it. I'm surprised Ford didn't include this, everything else seems to be included!

Keith

I'm surprised that that has been deleted in the newer models along with the homelink. My 2012 has the auto dimming rearview mirror and homelink. I wonder what their thought process is when doing this?

Dale

2012 FFE
2013 Volt

flounder73 said:
I'm surprised that that has been deleted in the newer models along with the homelink. My 2012 has the auto dimming rearview mirror and homelink. I wonder what their thought process is when doing this?

Homelink is something I really wanted. I'd be interested to see if anyone has done a Homelink install on a 2015. I'll have to dig around the Mods thread.

What is a homelink?
I am nursing my 2001 Mustang along until Ford gets around to building my Focus.
I don't think that was available back then.

Homelink is basically a built-in garage door opener in the drivers side visor.

Many people like the feature since you don't have to have a bulky generic opener clipped to the visor.

acreerl said:
flounder73 said:

Homelink is something I really wanted. I'd be interested to see if anyone has done a Homelink install on a 2015. I'll have to dig around the Mods thread.
ro

Yes, a Homelink retrofit has been discussed here and it's pretty easy except for the bloody knuckles. I do recommend it.

jmueller065 said:
Homelink is basically a built-in garage door opener in the drivers side visor.

Many people like the feature since you don't have to have a bulky generic opener clipped to the visor.
I leave my bulky garage door opener in the slot in front of the shifter under the dash.

Elektra said:
I leave my bulky garage door opener in the slot in front of the shifter under the dash.
Btw, pre-2015 models don't have the storage slot in front of the shifter, making the HomeLink feature more useful.

flounder73 said:
campfamily said:

Keith

Dale

2012 FFE
2013 Volt
Reduce the cost to build each car.

Back