Buying Maintenance Package for FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCbayarea

Need Urgent help !

For a 36 month/36000 miles lease, do we need to buy maintenance package.

My dealership is offering at 750.00 .

Is it worth it. or Is it better to do it at dealership when needed..

I got wear-tear for 720.00 which will cover upto 4000.00.

Also, do i need to maintenance at dealer because i leased it from Ford other it is not under warranty

Thanks,

MCbayarea said:
Need Urgent help !

For a 36 month/36000 miles lease, do we need to buy maintenance package.

My dealership is offering at 750.00 .

Is it worth it. or Is it better to do it at dealership when needed..

I got wear-tear for 720.00 which will cover upto 4000.00.

Also, do i need to maintenance at dealer because i leased it from Ford other it is not under warranty

Thanks,
What maintenance? The only maintenance needed on the FFE is periodic tire rotations. It would be rather silly to pay $750 for four tire rotations, that's almost $200 per rotation. You should try to negotiate a better price on the wear & tear protection. Dealerships make a lot of profit on those add-ons, usually they sell them for double the actual cost or more.

Thanks hybridear,

I guess i paid ( yesterday) little more on wear and care package than what i should have. Not sure if something is done.

Oh! well. Lesson learned for others.

IMO, the wear and care package should be $400.

The car is covered by a bumper to bumper 3 year warranty - no need for any additional coverage. My dealer told me not to buy the coverage.

I'd think long and hard about that excess wear coverage. If this is a Ford lease, you probably really don't need that either. Think about how you will use this car - around 75 mile range per day (I'm grossly rounding, and you could use the car more than that, but probably won't). Do you really think during the three years you will wear much of anything? Certainly not the tires.

As I understand it, they allow a certain number of door dings as normal. Anything else and your insurance should cover the problem.

EVA said:
The car is covered by a bumper to bumper 3 year warranty - no need for any additional coverage. My dealer told me not to buy the coverage.

I'd think long and hard about that excess wear coverage. If this is a Ford lease, you probably really don't need that either. Think about how you will use this car - around 75 mile range per day (I'm grossly rounding, and you could use the car more than that, but probably won't). Do you really think during the three years you will wear much of anything? Certainly not the tires.

As I understand it, they allow a certain number of door dings as normal. Anything else and your insurance should cover the problem.

Thanks, I kind of agree. Though my wife decided to have it as we have two kids and may spill drink / cut leather or scratches etc outside.
It's just one of those peace of mind type thing. I won't regret if I would have not bought it.

-------------------------------

What are you thoughts on Maintenance package. Is it worth to pay 750.00 for maintenance. I did-not buy it yet. But I need to go back to do some more paperwork. They will try to sell me.

Because I lease the car . do i need to go to dealer for may maintenance, ( any battery check, transmission oil etc) . Sorry. I am so new to this FFE.

Any help from you or others will be great.

------

IceStorm FFE
SF Bay Area.

Maintenance package is not worth it at any price, except maybe free. After 22000 miles, I have spent $0 on maintenance. As mentioned by others, tire rotations are all that's really needed when it comes down to it. Mine is a lease too, and have not gone to the dealer for maintenance. However, I would go to them for any repair (i.e. damage from an accident), so that there's no question as to whether or not the repair has been completed properly.

By the way, congratulations on your new FFE!

v_traveller said:
Maintenance package is not worth it at any price, except maybe free. After 22000 miles, I have spent $0 on maintenance. As mentioned by others, tire rotations are all that's really needed when it comes down to it. Mine is a lease too, and have not gone to the dealer for maintenance. However, I would go to them for any repair (i.e. damage from an accident), so that there's no question as to whether or not the repair has been completed properly.

Thanks a lot for prompt reply and advice

Yeah, I am enjoying it. Good car .

BTW, what all is included when you lease. We got cable to charge plus a tire inflation kit . Anything else comes on a lease ?

Thanks again

MCbayarea said:
v_traveller said:

BTW, what all is included when you lease. We got cable to charge plus a tire inflation kit . Anything else comes on a lease ?

Thanks again
That should be about it. Are you planning to install a 240V EVSE? There are lots of threads about what others have done and some excellent recommendations.

hybridbear said:
MCbayarea said:
v_traveller said:

Thanks again
That should be about it. Are you planning to install a 240V EVSE? There are lots of threads about what others have done and some excellent recommendations.

First of all, Thanks everyone on this thread and other threads on this forum.
It was quite informative and useful.

I haven't seriously thought about 240V EVSE because of my personal situation. For example we get almost 10 hours of no driving in night. PLUS we have charging ( 240V ) station at our work place. There are plenty of charging station in Bay Area, one of the perks living in this EV friendly city.

Let us drive for a month and see how it goes.

Again - thanks everyone.

MCbayarea said:
I haven't seriously thought about 240V EVSE because of my personal situation. For example we get almost 10 hours of no driving in night. PLUS we have charging ( 240V ) station at our work place. There are plenty of charging station in Bay Area, one of the perks living in this EV friendly city.

Let us drive for a month and see how it goes.
I suspect you will be fine with L1 at home. I'm 19 months into my lease and still haven't had the need for L2 charging at home. Like you, the 10+ hours at home on L1 is more than enough time to top off after charging at work. My workplace, like yours, has L2 EVSEs.

I do want to get at least one L2 EVSE installed to make life a bit easier at home with three EVs, but it is a "want", not a "need", since they can be charged simultaneously at L1 on three separate 120V circuits.

Back