Bluetooth Audio: Control yes, Audio no

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davideos

This used to work great. As long as I had bluetooth on the phone enabled and the music player loaded, if I sourced bluetooth audio, I would get the music from the player.

Now, everytime I start up bluetooth audio with the other conditions mentioned, I don't get anything. So I open up my Android phone and select audio and hit play; the audio comes out the phone, not the car speakers. I can control the phone through MFT, skip, pause, play, but the audio comes out the phone speaker. If I shut the car off and open the door, the audio from the phone stops.

To fix it, I make a phone call...usually to my voicemail. I hang up and then, and only then, the audio will come out the car speakers.

I poured through car and phone settings, but nothing changes this. I even tried the iHeartRadio app, and it behaves the same way. I'll try a different phone next, but I thought I'd ask the community before doing too much head scratching.

I'm going to try tonight; starting with the fuse pull. I'll update later. Thanks for the suggestions.

I popped the fuses, but no change. I paired my company iphone, and it worked ok. I unpaired my Android phone and re-paired, but it still behaves the same.

I think it is safe to say it is an issue with the phone. I think I might go with a USB stick anyway.

Thanks for the help.

davideos said:
I popped the fuses, but no change.
Which fuses? (Plural? -- there's only one fuse needed to shut down the MFT computer.)

In any case, did the MFT screen go blank? -- and did you see the black/white startup screen later on when putting the fuse back?

One was MFT and the other was the radio. The dynamic duo of getting sound to my ears...I pulled them both. And yes, I got the "maintenence screen".

I'll mess around with the phone...the likely culprit.

davideos said:
I think it is safe to say it is an issue with the phone. I think I might go with a USB stick anyway.
If the problem is your phone, an app like SoundAbout may fix it. On my phone when I plugged in headphones the sound still came out of the speaker. The free version of this app fixed it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en

It looks like you'd need the paid version upgrade ($2.99) to control Bluetooth audio:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro&hl=en

On your phone, did you look for sound output after the car and phone were paired? Maybe in the settings panel for sound?

I'm just thinking (sorry this is with an iPhone and a computer - not Android) - there are options for output once you are paired to a Bluetooth device. You can choose to use the Bluetooth device for output or the internal speaker. It's obvious in a phone call if you are using a hands free device. Maybe a little buried for music.

Fishing at options for you Davideos.

If you have a Bluetooth device, does it do something similar?

EVA thanks for the help. I've looked all over for controls on the phone that might direct the sound to the appropriate path, but found nothing. I unpaired and re-paired but nothing was repaired ;). The only thing I didn't do was pull the fuses after I unpaired and powered off the phone...which is worth doing because before I re-paired, I changed the name of my phone and the MFT paired using the old name...suspicious.

I'm pretty sure it is the phone because the iphone is working...just my android phone is not. And it's likely not a setting because it will work fine if I make a hands-free phone call.

I've decided to just go with the USB stick with my music on it. Quite honestly, it works better from the USB stick. I will look at this again later....I'll give someone some time to have the same trouble and figure it out and post the solution :)

Back