April Fools Joke????-HOPE NOT!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Big 9V

Saw an add this morning on a Ford's website which reflected an $11,000 discount off of MSRP which did not include the Fed Tax Credit of $7500. It listed a 36,??? vehicle at 25,??? something. (I'll post a screen shot tonight when I get home). With the Tax Credit it would put the car at like 18K. Unbelivable. Seeing some Ford sites with the March promotion still listed and this posting has a date that reflected just today.
Has anyone else seen this????

Very unlikely: Fords big discount on Leases has always included the $7500 rebate.

(Browsing around Ford's website right now and I see NO deals for the FFE at all, not even the $6000 cash back offer on a purchase that was offered earlier this year.)

sefs said:
Does the $11,000 in incentives include the federal tax credit?
For a lease, yes.

You can only claim the federal tax credit if you purchase the car and are the owner. With a lease, Ford is the owner (and renting it to you). As the owner, Ford is entitled to claim the credit (and they do), but typically "pass it along" (in whole or in part) in the form of "incentives".

So, the $11K likely represents the $7,500 credit as well some additional incentive Ford is providing for lessees. $11K is actually up a little... I remember just recently it was $10K-something.

Got it. $25,990 seems like a good deal for a fully loaded focus with leather, though. I remember when I was looking for a lease (before I ended up buying used), the monthly lease payments were $300+.

Thanks "sefs", that is exactly the ad I saw.

I can only assume it doesn't include the Tax Credit because 1) In the pop up screen explaining the discount is referred to as " Ford Customer Cash" and 3) every ad I've ever seen clearly atstericks the $7500 Fed Credit. If so that is one heck of a net price!

Note: This price is only good on dealer inventory. These discounts may not be available in your area. Ford goes by the customer’s zip code to determine what sales zone you live in. When I went to Fords web site the discount price didn't show until after I used the build option. If you don’t see the discount price try using a different zip code.

jeffand said:
Note: This price is only good on dealer inventory.
Sort of: If you order one and the car arrives "in the dealer inventory" before the deal goes away you can still get it.

In addition, you may be able to sign a purchase agreement for that price on an ordered vehicle and "lock in" the deal (some dealers do it). In my case I had ordered mine in Feb and picked it up in May: The deal was still valid after 3 months.

JA CHADY SHOUTOUT-
you've been terrific in providing us with great information. I'm hoping your candidness is appreciated by Ford. Heck I think even though I'm in the Metro NY Area I want to buy an FFE from you.
Can you shed any light on this $11,000 discount even if only regionally available?

The $11000 is the incentive for the lease programs. Ford has not raised the purchase incentive, still at $6000. This information is for the Midwest region.

As to what you are eligible for on an order out, I'll try and explain. Most larger dealers, you get what is available at time of delivery. Ford does this because the larger dealers more than likely have the inventory available to satisfy their customers needs immediately. If they have to order something Ford will only offer the rebates at time of delivery.
Smaller dealers such as myself, are able to lock the customer into the rebates when they sign for the order, OR take the rebates when the car is ready for delivery. The customer gets to choose which deal may be better for them. Sometimes the customer orders thinking they are buying, but then the lease program gets better and they decide to lease when the car comes in. Ford does this to give us a slight advantage in keeping our customers here instead of going down the road where a larger dealer may have the car in stock. Although with the FFE no one has them in stock, so it gives us a nice advantage.

A Big 9V - - I appreciate the kudos and would love to sell you a car when the time is right. As I've said in the past I can't guarantee I can get a better deal to you because of the cost of shipping but I'll do everything I can.

I have a FFEV lease that I am looking to transfer to another buyer. Please see my post under Long Island area lease transfer. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Back