Another observation with Value Charging

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

I've been experimenting with different value charge times to see if I can get the most reliable charge times--I don't think I've ever used the default charge times setup when you select your electricity provider.

I rediscovered another bug this weekend (rediscovered because its a bug in MFT that I already knew about but which affects the value charging). The bug in MFT I'm talking about is this: sometimes it thinks it is tomorrow (look at the calendar sometimes it is 1 day ahead).

How does this affect value charge times? On Fridays and Sundays: On Friday it will use Saturday's charge schedule and Sunday will use Monday's. Thus if you have time-of-day billing it is best to use the custom charge times and setup your weekends to be identical to your weekdays (and if you need that charge on the weekend simply flip it to "charge now"--just don't forget to flip it back before the weekend is over).

I too have been experiencing this problem, this is quite frustrating. Something as simple as a calendar shouldn't have these issues.
I did use the idea of the charge preference toggling, I however paid the price when I traveled out of town for the week and the wife was using the FFE. She doesn't obsess over the settings as much as I do.... So we went a week charging at peak TOU, cost me over $100 on the electric bill. (my TOU rates have a peak use multiplier which really gets you)

So not happy! Ford needs to fix this!! :(

Back