AC blows cold air in floor vents when set to top vents only?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studio460

Does everyone's FFE do this? Yes, when set to top vents only, the air flow is attenuated when compared to when set to floor+top. But the amount of cold air blowing directly at my feet makes my feet, uh, cold. Is this a seal defect, assembly defect, blend-door issue, or a design defect?

Okay, I can't believe I'm the only one. Can someone please try putting their airflow control to top-only and put their hand under the dash, near the peddles, and tell me if they feel any airflow? Even with the AC at '1' and all top vents "open," I can still feel airflow down there. It's not much, but it's enough to make your feet really cold on an hour's commute.

I tried that the other day and I couldn't feel any air flow down by my feet on my FFE with A/C with high fan and set for panel vents only. I could feel it a lot if I enabled the floor vents though.

NightHawk said:
I tried that the other day and I couldn't feel any air flow down by my feet on my FFE with A/C with high fan and set for panel vents only. I could feel it a lot if I enabled the floor vents though.
Thanks for posting that. So, I suppose something isn't aligned correctly or something. Like I said, it's not a lot, but you can easily feel the errant airflow with your hand. None of my other Ford vehicles do this (nor do our Suburbans at work). But I really don't want some guy taking apart my brand new dash; maybe I'll buy a shop manual and try to tackle it myself. Thanks again for your post!

Back