A few photos of my new Platinum White Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully, PA doesn't require front plates. The car actually had a front plate holder on it (I think it was originally at a dealership in NJ), but I had them take it off. Unfortunately, it left 3 small holes. The two upper holes blend in with the black grill, but the bottom hole is in the white bumper. I've been having so much fun driving the car, I haven't yet looked into how to make the hole in the bumper less noticeable. If you look at the full res day time charging photo, you can see the 3 holes.

piu_mosso said:
The two upper holes blend in with the black grill, but the bottom hole is in the white bumper. I've been having so much fun driving the car, I haven't yet looked into how to make the hole in the bumper less noticeable.
At the time of sale, I told the dealer that I wanted the holes fixed. They replaced the grill and had the body shop repair the bumper cover. No cost to me. See my pics and discussion of bumper plugs in this thread:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1741

You are going to love this car, especially if you do a lot of city driving. Congratulations!

Entourage said:
Great looking car - I ordered the Oxford White and may be regretting my decision. Thanks for the pics to get me excited for my car.
Our Energi is white platinum and our Electric is oxford white. My wife prefers the platinum and I prefer the oxford. We have been buying white cars for more than 25 years now.

I am happy with the consistent look of the oxford white. Slight variations between different parts on our platinum car don't look quite right to me.

If you should ever get a ding, the platinum would be more expensive to repair since it takes three different coats.

Congratulations on your new car! You will love it.

Four days in, and we are very very happy with this car. The effortless, silent acceleration is addictive. Before we leased the platinum white, we had an oxford white for a 24 hour test drive. In the end, I think I prefer the metallic finish of the platinum white, but I'm sure I would have been perfectly happy with either version. The one we test drove also had cloth seats, which were fine, but we really wanted the electric adjustments on the driver's seat (2 very different driving positions) so decided to spend the extra $ on leather.

Here are a few more photos, including our electrician installing our Bosch 30a charger (ordered from Amazon).

Gigi said:
At the time of sale, I told the dealer that I wanted the holes fixed. They replaced the grill and had the body shop repair the bumper cover. No cost to me. See my pics and discussion of bumper plugs in this thread:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1741

You are going to love this car, especially if you do a lot of city driving. Congratulations!

Thanks for the link. Not sure I'll be able to get the same out of my dealership here. Still working with them on a fix. I'll post a photo when it's taken care of.

Hard not to fall in love with the FFE (The Tesla Model S for the rest of us as mentioned in a recent EV comparison).
Love the photos: very pretty.

WattsUp said:
Personally, I really love the wheels on the FFE. Anyone else?

I like them too. Much nicer looking than the Leaf (the only other "affordable" option in PA).

This might be news only to me, but I noticed something last night when I got out of the car after dark. Downward illumination from the side mirrors. Very cool.

piu_mosso said:
This might be news only to me, but I noticed something last night when I got out of the car after dark. Downward illumination from the side mirrors. Very cool.
Haha... wait til you try the headlights! ;)

After removing the front plate, I covered up the hole in the white bumper with a dot of white electrical tape. 2-1/2 years later and it's still holding.

JimB_FFE said:
After removing the front plate, I covered up the hole in the white bumper with a dot of white electrical tape. 2-1/2 years later and it's still holding.

The dealer has promised me a painted-to-match plug for the hole. Still waiting, but I'll post a photo once I get it.

In the mean time, I can confirm that plugging in to charge during a rain storm is safe.

700+ miles in, I'm very happy with this car. It really has lived up to expectations. I mostly do city driving, and have already saved $$$$ on gas.

a few more photos:

"spring" weather coordinates nicely with the platinum white

My rear end is dirty, but not from my own emissions

remote start worked great for clearing snow off of windows -- still had to brush off the rest of car, however

out and about in Philly

Parking attendant at a garage had no issue with letting me use a wall outlet to top off the charge while parked. Still a little bit of spring snow on the hood in this photo.

Took this photo while waiting at a long light today. The bumper sticker on the truck says, "Have you hugged your oil man today?"

I'm guessing the driver of that truck wouldn't like my car...

piu_mosso said:
Took this photo while waiting at a long light today. The bumper sticker on the truck says, "Have you hugged your oil man today?"

I'm guessing the driver of that truck wouldn't like my car...

Well, speaking for this oil man, I love my FFE! Yes, I am a petroleum engineer, yet I own an electric car. I love the application of new technology and the efficiency it brings. I think that deserves a hug!

Oilman

oilman said:
Well, speaking for this oil man, I love my FFE! Yes, I am a petroleum engineer, yet I own an electric car. I love the application of new technology and the efficiency it brings. I think that deserves a hug!
Ha! Excellent! :D

piu_mosso said:
oilman said:
Ha! Excellent! :D
Answering a couple of question here. I personally love the wheels too. Will be dipping them soon to black. Love new tech and other then the Model S there isn't a better looking and performing EV on the market (IMO) for the price anyways ;-)... Why did you go with that charger?

Back