37K needs all new brakes

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmaderi

This is my leased 2013 FFE, been in the shop 4 times now, same issue and they finally told me I need new brakes, all new rotors and pad (They want 1k to do it) What I am very confused by is that I am a 1 pedal driver with the car and very rarely use the brakes, not sure how the rears (per the dealer) are metal on metal and the fronts are down to 3mil.

30 days left with this thing and she goes back, hope it rots in the parking lot as the dealer has been an ass hat for the lack of a better term.

My questions is, has anyone done a set of brakes on their car and is there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Not that I've heard of. I would check it with a caliper myself. The only brake issues I know of are brake rot, rust, and warping from lack of use.

I am going to, I can buy the parts for $157 to do the entire thing. The rotors are definitely rotted but if I am going to have it apart to look at it, might as well do the pads.

I guess what I was looking for is any gotcha's, like with some rear calipers that incorporate the emergency brake you have to twist and push in the caliper piston at the same time. Not sure if that is the case with this car.

Back