2015 Lease price

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrongway

The build and price site for the 2015 focus is now up. Lease is now $259 month with $0 down for 48 months. Quite a bit cheaper than my 2014 Lease and you have more colors to chose from and the new interior changes. I think it's a really great deal at this price and could see them selling a few more than last year for sure.

Lease and finance numbers for the 2015 FFE through the build and price link:

http://bp3.ford.com/2015-Ford-Focus#/Technology/

I plugged in 3-years, 12K miles, and $0 down, got $244/mo+tax, with $889 due at signing. That's about $2/mo less than the outgoing 2014 lease deal.

Thanks for the tip, wrongway! I updated my weekly EV lease deal tracking webpage accordingly.

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2014/04/current-36-month-lease-offers-for.html

EDIT: On the build and price website, it looks like our beloved FFE is quite content, and the ICE Focus is pissed off... wonder why... :)

2015%2BFocus.JPG

Beginning to shop for a 2015 to replace the expiring lease on 2012 FFE.

Just curious if anyone has leased a 2015 and deal they got?

Based on a the recommended Truecar discount and $8250 incentive I am coming up about approx $195/mo with the $889 down. I am assuming a car with leather and an MSRP or $30,990. I used Ford lease calculator to back into the payment.

MSRP $30,990
Rebate -$8,250
Dealer Discount -$1,849 - Based on the Trucar certificate
Document Fee $75
Net capitalized cost $20,996

Anyone get close to this deal?

I am also considering to lease a FFE.

I have done tons of research but still somewhat confused about what should be considered a good deal.

Rough calculations:

- MSRP $29K
- With TrueCar suggested purchase price $24-25K, $24 shold be easily attainable
- $8K lease cash from Ford

Based on this, the cap cost should be in $16-17K range. Which roughly comes to a lease payment in
$150/month ballpark (with zero down).

Is this too good to be true?

The TrueCar price includes the $3500 purchase price rebate. The lease rebate is $8250 (at least in my area).

On a purchase you can take the Federal tax credit of $7500. On the lease, the financing company is taking the tax credit but the rebate is higher ($8250 versus $3500) due to this.

So the leasing capital cost is still in the $20-21K range if you adjust for the different rebates.

Purchasing the car on the surface is a better deal due to the difference in credits and rebates. $11,000 (7500+3500) purchase versus $8250 lease. On the purchase side you take all the risk on the car value. Given the technical advances and potential battery degradation, I would prefer the financing company take the risk. The residual they are using for a 3 year lease is still in the $14k range, which is pretty high considering the Focus design will be pretty outdated in 3 years (6 years) and considering the competitive cars on the horizon. (Model 3 and Bolt). Likely the actual value will be lower. If you purchase you will loose what you gained upfront if the value is actually lower and you decide to trade at that point.

Regional price listed was $244 for three years, fully loaded. Was able to negotiate my lease for $229 fully loaded and will likely return the car since I expect the technology to be lots better three years from now.

My FFE had to be ordered, 8-10 week lead time.

Sounds like a good deal. How much out of pocket at delivery? How much is the residual?

If I can swing a similar deal in January I am definitely picking up another FFE after my current lease is done.

v_traveller said:
Sounds like a good deal. How much out of pocket at delivery? How much is the residual?

If I can swing a similar deal in January I am definitely picking up another FFE after my current lease is done.

Not quoted. All I was concerned with was the up front ($889) and the monthly tab ($229). I am definitely giving back the car in three years and will upgrade to a better EV at that time. Afaic, there's no point in keeping an EV when the technology is improving so rapidly.

In three years, I expect to have an EV for $30-$35k with a minimum 200 mi. Range. I don't think that's asking too much.

The deal Ford is offering for the FFE until 3/31 is $244 per month for the same vehicle, so I'm a happy camper.

I actually test drove one out east a couple of weeks ago. The dealer quoted $262, then came down to $255, even though the $244 is advertised! Typical creeps. My local dealer (we own a Ford Escape through them) came down to $233 and then after some hesitation on my part, gave me the car for $229.

Back