2014 Focus Electric - Jan 2014 Sales

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloggin

2014 Focus Electric sales for Jan were exactly 100 units.

Down a bit from Dec with 158 and Nov at 130. It seems the freezing temperatures on most of the country, and delayed deliveries put a cap on sales numbers for Jan. But with the new $6,000 Cash Back incentive that kicked in online on 1/31/14, and filling held January deliveries due to weather, Feb sales should more than make up for the Jan shortfall.

Update: MAP is currently closed due to weather related parts shortages until 2/9/14.

We can't locate a single new FFE at any dealers in Arizona. The few they had sold and they don't seem to restock them so no test drives or tire kicking. I let friends drive mine but then they can't go and buy one off the lot. Same with the Fusion Energi plug in. So I can see why sales are down.

jstack6 said:
We can't locate a single new FFE at any dealers in Arizona. The few they had sold and they don't seem to restock them so no test drives or tire kicking. I let friends drive mine but then they can't go and buy one off the lot. Same with the Fusion Energi plug in. So I can see why sales are down.

That is just the oddest thing. No FFE in AZ inventory at all. Ford also only offers 0% and $500 Bonus Cash in AZ also.

I'm considering a FFE to replace my LEAF at the end of my lease in June, but I'm bummed that there aren't any in stock to test drive. I drove one a few years ago at the auto show, but I wasn't really in the market, so it didn't really sink in. People can't buy what they can't try.

Cyellen said:
I'm considering a FFE to replace my LEAF at the end of my lease in June, but I'm bummed that there aren't any in stock to test drive. I drove one a few years ago at the auto show, but I wasn't really in the market, so it didn't really sink in. People can't buy what they can't try.

With the assembly plant being closed last week for weather related parts shortages, supply is rather thin. But production gets started again with the 6am Monday morning shift.

But what's interesting is daily inventory has increased from around 160 to 188 over the past week. Which means they may have shipped what was already assembled with available parts. They may be getting back to the 230s from last spring/summer.

I too am looking for an FFE in Arizona. I found a dealer that has a used one I want to go test drive soon to make sure I like it but I do plan on leasing so the used car wont be of much help. What is the usual turn around time from ordering one?

Not good: I ordered mine in February last year and picked it up in May (yes 3 months). In addition: My dealership is right across the street from the plant thus there was no shipping time included in that (well perhaps a day because they did have to load it on a car carrier and drive it across the street only to unload it again--union rules).

It is possible that turnaround time for an order is a bit quicker now.

jmueller065 said:
Not good: I ordered mine in February last year and picked it up in May (yes 3 months). In addition: My dealership is right across the street from the plant thus there was no shipping time included in that (well perhaps a day because they did have to load it on a car carrier and drive it across the street only to unload it again--union rules).

It is possible that turnaround time for an order is a bit quicker now.

Ouch. Thank you for the feedback. Well I'd have to sell my other vehicle but I don't want to be too long without another one to replace it. I do have a second vehicle but then the wife would have nothing to drive while I'm at work for 12 hours which wont work with a new baby on the way. I'm hoping that maybe since sales figures are dropping the time will be quicker.

I really like the FFE. I can't afford a tesla. The leaf is too odd looking for the wife plus no liquid cooling. I do like the Rav4 but not offered here. So I'm looking at either the FFE or wait till the end of the year to see the new EGolf.

We just got a black one in but my Service Manager saw it, drove it home the first night and leased it the next day. I have a silver one coming in mid-March and 4 more orders in the system.

I could ship the silver one to AZ but there'd be extra cost.

John

jachady said:
We just got a black one in but my Service Manager saw it, drove it home the first night and leased it the next day. I have a silver one coming in mid-March and 4 more orders in the system.

John

What is the normal timeframe from order to delivery?

jachady said:

John

Well first I have to test drive one with the wife before I commit to anything. Happy wife happy life :D Where are you located?

Back