2012 vs 2013 vs 2014 - model year changes

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hybridbear said:
jmueller065 said:
Not a whole lot, even the 2015 is the same (well it changes some sheetmetal and you can get it in red).

I believe the earlier ones (2012) have the Homelink visor..that's about it.
Ok thanks. Do any have rain sensing wipers? I thought I remembered reading a car review that mentioned them but don't find them as a feature on the new ones.

My 2012 FFE has the rain sensing wipers and I like them (and everything else about the car). I don't keep them in the sensing position all the time to avoid dry wiping but they work great as an infinitely variable speed control

According to the standard features list on my 2014 FFE which is on a very slow conveyor belt in a factory some where, it will have Rain sensing wipers as well as variable intermittent windshield wipers.
Zurc.

Zurc said:
on a very slow conveyor belt in a factory some where
Somewhere = Wayne, Michigan
Speed is actually very fast as they crank out Focuses & C-Maxes like one per minute or so. The trick is fitting in the FFE's which are built at a rate of 3 or 4 per 8 hour shift.

Zurc said:
According to the standard features list on my 2014 FFE which is on a very slow conveyor belt in a factory some where, it will have Rain sensing wipers as well as variable intermittent windshield wipers.
Zurc.
Really? Where does it say that? I don't recall other 2014 owners commenting on that and the 2014 that I drove did not have rain sensing wipers. I wonder if they made that change midway through the model year if yours will have them.

hybridbear said:
Zurc said:
Zurc.
Really? Where does it say that? I don't recall other 2014 owners commenting on that and the 2014 that I drove did not have rain sensing wipers. I wonder if they made that change midway through the model year if yours will have them.
I just picked up my FFE Thursday and it doesn't have the rain sensor wipers!? Didn't see that has a feather or option...

Mine does not either and the dealer had assured there was not more option I could get

Not garage door opener either, right?

these two options I miss the most (compared to my other cars)

fbitz777 said:
Mine does not either and the dealer had assured there was not more option I could get

Not garage door opener either, right?

these two options I miss the most (compared to my other cars)
Yeah I wished it had the sensor but I can just get a remote from Home Depot ;^)

Check Watts Up's post on the garage door opener. It's a do it yourself retrofit, costs a little over $100 for the materials and you have a great Homelink installation.

Back