2012 Ford Focus going into reverse while in drive

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpin

I have a 2012 ford focus sel and recently i have been at a stop light and at a food drive through with my foot on the break. When I go to hit the gas the car goes into reverse? Is anyone else having this issue?

fpin said:
I have a 2012 ford focus sel and recently i have been at a stop light and at a food drive through with my foot on the break. When I go to hit the gas the car goes into reverse? Is anyone else having this issue?

yes it happened to me (2015 FFE) randomly when accelerating / decelarating ...but not from D to R ..more like L to D or N

In my case it was the motor being loose from the frame and pulling on the shift cable...if I had caught it in time it would
have been easy to fix (loose motor mount bolt)

if you hold the shifter do you feel some pulling on it? THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD!

In my case my car has been in the shop for over 6 months so I am due to receive a 2016 FFe in January

It is very scary it happend to me again in a drive tru i hit the gas and the car went into reverse.

Original poster refers to "2012 ford focus sel", presumably meaning a gas-powered Focus.

OP, this forum is about the all-electric Focus, and none of the discussion here (related to the drivetrain at least) is likely to be relevant to the gas-powered Focus. My suggestion is to find another forum dedicated to the discussion of the gas-powered Focus.

FYI Ford has released many transmission calibration updates for the ICE Focus with the dual-clutch auto transmission.

Since its an "auto-stick" many people aren't used to it being in neutral when your stopped and thus aren't used to the slight roll it does when moving your foot from the brake to the gas (early versions of the cal wouldn't engage the clutches until you gave it some gas and thus it could roll a bit before you hit the gas pedal).

Our 2012 ICE Focus that we had showed this until we get a new trans cal (the new cal would leave a clutch slightly engaged). I believe that there is (at least) one TSB about this issue.

Just a bit more info on the issue LOL.

Back