An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Donut spare for ffe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 pm 

Does anyone know if a spare from a 2014 fusion will fit my 2013 ffe? Its got the right bolt pattern and the size is t125/80/16. I will be finding out for sure tomorrow as my car is stranded with a flat 30 miles away from home. Dont ask. LOL. Also, will the tire kit with the glue cause me more grief than its worth? Will it ruin the tpms sensor or the tire? Will I have to do any cleaning of the glue before putting the tire and rim back into service? Can I just plug the nail hole and be done? Or is the glue a PITA?

Oh, all the pics on ebay for 2013 focus donut spares are the exact tire and size as my fusion spare. I know the bolt pattern is the same. The rim offset looks the same. Im hoping its a go. But if someone has personal experience that would be great.

Post subject: Re: Donut spare for ffe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 pm 

That's the same size as my Donut I got from a 2014 ICE Focus. I can't imagine ford stocking the same size donut but with a different offset unless they really had to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 am 

Thanks for the quick response. The spare fit perfectly. I put it on the rear and did not try it on the front so I cant confirm that it fits in front. But it seems to be the exact same tire and rim used on the ice focus. Unfortunately my flat was a sidewall hole so I need a new tire. Bummer. But.... I was at the dealer today, as the flat occurred 1 mile from the dealership, on the way home from there. And I mentioned the flat to the tech and he says to me that those tires have a lot of dry rot. I looked and he is right, The sidewalls are all cracked. This was not noticeable to me when I bought the car and they only had under 30 lbs of pressure in the tires. This was a certified used car with the 172 point inspection and all that I bought 3 months ago. Should they have noticed this dry rot upon the inspection? Should they be replacing my tires for free?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:41 am 

Carbuff wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. The spare fit perfectly. I put it on the rear and did not try it on the front so I cant confirm that it fits in front. But it seems to be the exact same tire and rim used on the ice focus. Unfortunately my flat was a sidewall hole so I need a new tire. Bummer. But.... I was at the dealer today, as the flat occurred 1 mile from the dealership, on the way home from there. And I mentioned the flat to the tech and he says to me that those tires have a lot of dry rot. I looked and he is right, The sidewalls are all cracked. This was not noticeable to me when I bought the car and they only had under 30 lbs of pressure in the tires. This was a certified used car with the 172 point inspection and all that I bought 3 months ago. Should they have noticed this dry rot upon the inspection? Should they be replacing my tires for free?

Responded to your other post on this issue.