An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Battery Saver...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 am 

LWeFocus wrote:
thank you camp family and pearl. I tried to charge the battery and still faced the same yellow wrench and red triangle in the message centre. I am having the hardest time trying to locate a battery. Every auto parts store in Toronto wants to know the make, model, and year. They all come back as it is a special order battery and only 1 is made. I even offered to bring in the battery and have it sized to one in stock. I don't care that the one in stock is not meant for the Focus Electric. I just want a 12V battery.
Can one of you point me to a brand and model # that is equivalent to the one in the FFE. That would be greatly appreciated.

When I replaced mine a few months ago, my local Ford Dealer had it in stock, and they aren't even an EV certified dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 pm 

Ford is your best source if you need it quick. I tried to get an Interstate battery and no one had it...only special order. So rather than wait, I just bought Ford's battery. An interstate rep told me the battery isn't used very much...small in size and the terminals are reversed.

If you do buy Ford's battery, keep the receipt...a must have if you need to get it replaced under warranty. Fold it up and put it in your glove box. My service advisor told me that I'll "definitely need it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:24 am 

Thanks for all the positive posts guys. Since I have CAA, the tow was at no cost to me. Dealer has had it for a few days now. I called them to inform them that the car was hooked up and on the way. Since that last phone call, not a word from the dealership. I will let the dealership do their thing. But I have already started a timeline and documented everything so far. My lawyer is just a phone call away.

From my research on this forum, it could be the HVB. A new 33.5 KwH battery would be awesome. It could also be the HVB cable that was a recall. Another known problem is the wires that run under the passenger seat may have chaffed and arching has occurred. Causing the SSN and telling the computer to not allow energy to the drive motor.

When I did pull the 12v, there was a sticker that read 7/14. The original battery must have given up in late '14 or '15 and this battery was put in. I have the carproof report, and it has been in for servicing twice a year since new. There is only 1 outstanding recall, 13509 - reprogram the power control module.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 am 

Not a real update, but I might as well post what is going on with my electric focus. The service tech said that they went thru every connector. He said that it is usually a bent/corroded/missing PIN connector, but they went thru all of them. The connectors, wires, harness are all in like new condition. The HVB, the BCM, the Motor when hooked up, all show a normal response. After logging 38-40hrs of shop time they are now stumped. My car has now sat at the service department since Oct. 25. Ford Canada has authorized an Engineer to come up from Michigan to figure out why the car will not allow power to the drive motor. I was told that a week ago. At least I am in an ICE focus loaner. Oh well, I just keep going to the gas station and filling up on $121.9 cents a litre :x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 pm 

Thanks for the update. I'll put my wager on a bad inverter...