Kansas City Area Getting Charging Stations

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVA

I have a friend that lives in Sedalia, Missouri. It appears the Kansas City, MO area is going to build 1,000 charging stations this summer. Right now, outside of Kansas City, there just aren't any charging stations. Plugshare showed 3 in Sedalia - all homes. By some chance, one of the guys is quoted in the article.

Nice to see progress being made beyond California.

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/home_top-news/151533781/Area-to-get-electric-car-jolt

I wish a local utility in MN would do this. I think utilities offering free charging is a smart move. Electricity consumption is decreasing due to changes such as CFL/LED light bulbs, more efficient appliances & increased solar installations. It's smart for the utilities to promote EVs since they provide increased demand. It's also smart for the utilities to do everything they can to promote overnight charging since this also is to their benefit. Public chargers will likely rarely be used in the middle of the night, but they spur increased adoption of EVs which helps the utilities increase nighttime demand.

We have a local utility installing a DCQC station on the far north side of the Twin Cities. It's a good move for utilities.

Back