Problems with myford mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of 8pm PST, when I attempted to log into the website, there was a long delay and then I finally received a "Service or Network Error" error.

WattsUp said:
As of 8pm PST, when I attempted to log into the website, there was a long delay and then I finally received a "Service or Network Error" error.
It's about 8:40pm PST now and the "Service or Network Error" error occurs almost immediately upon attempting to sign-in.

I too am having difficulties with MFM. This is very inconvenient for me as I am taking my first longish trip with my FFE. I was hoping to keep track of SOC with MFM, but I will just have to check the car every so often. This as of 10:53PM CST.

Maybe I complained so bitterly that they decided to finally work on some of the problems! For the last eight months I've been getting "our engineers are working on your problem...."

A number of trips today show 0.0 kWh. This is the first time I've seen that happen. Often times the driving score or brake score won't work, but never before has it failed to show kWh.

Today I stopped by the dealer to set up an appointment to see if they can fix the Wh/mi data & the fact that brake scores & driving scores don't transmit reliably. Since many other FFEs have no issues with this data transmitting I am hoping that they can fix it. We are taking a road trip in January in the Fusion Energi so we're going to leave the Focus Electric at the dealer while we're gone.

Today I stopped by the dealer to buy wiper blades and make the appointment. I made the appointment and then went inside to the parts dept to buy the wiper blades. When I came back out there was a crowd gathered around the FFE. There were two service writers, three techs and one salesman looking at it. They all said it was the first FFE they've ever seen. They had lots of questions about it and how it works.

hybridbear said:
Today I stopped by the dealer to buy wiper blades and make the appointment. I made the appointment and then went inside to the parts dept to buy the wiper blades. When I came back out there was a crowd gathered around the FFE. There were two service writers, three techs and one salesman looking at it. They all said it was the first FFE they've ever seen. They had lots of questions about it and how it works.
Well then I doubt that they will be able to do anything about your data issues! (Other than replacing the telematics module I'm not sure what else they can do.)

MFM has never been able to get any of that data for my car and I've been enjoying driving it around too much to let the dealer keep it for a few days (only to return it with NTF and WTF?).

jmueller065 said:
hybridbear said:
Well then I doubt that they will be able to do anything about your data issues! (Other than replacing the telematics module I'm not sure what else they can do.)
Since other 2013 & 2014 FFEs work fine for other owners I'm wondering if there was just a batch with bad modules that don't transmit data. The Energi vehicles also haven't seen a single owner post online about issues with data transmitting to MFM. Our build date was November 2012, is that close to yours?
jmueller065 said:
MFM has never been able to get any of that data for my car and I've been enjoying driving it around too much to let the dealer keep it for a few days
I agree, but since we're going to be going on vacation and the FFE would otherwise be parked at home I figured it would be a good time to get some work done so that we don't lose any time of driving it.

MyFord Mobile is down again today. I first noticed it not working at about 4:00 pm Central Time when I tried to remote start the car from my phone. It is currently still not working for us. Anyone else having issues?

It's working again now. I checked around 9:00 pm Central time last night because I couldn't remember which car was plugged in and wanted to make sure the Focus would charge overnight and it was working by 9:00 pm.

MyFord Mobile appears to have just gone down again. At about 5:00 Central Time I remote started the Focus. At about 5:07 I tried to open MFM again to see how many minutes I had left until it will shut off and it won't work.

The dealership didn't do anything. They said that since they don't have access to my MFM account they can't verify if anything is fixed. I said I could give them access but they didn't want that. They said the Ford Engineering is blaming the issue on the MFM website programmers and that the car is functioning correctly.

If I get a survey from Ford and the car is still not working correctly I will be sure to express my displeasure. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a $40k car to work correctly.

hybridbear said:
The dealership didn't do anything. They said that since they don't have access to my MFM account they can't verify if anything is fixed. I said I could give them access but they didn't want that. They said the Ford Engineering is blaming the issue on the MFM website programmers and that the car is functioning correctly.

If I get a survey from Ford and the car is still not working correctly I will be sure to express my displeasure. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a $40k car to work correctly.
This dealership has had a bad reputation for customer service but they seem to be intent on changing that now. Today I got a phone call from the dealer to ask about my service experience. I told the woman that I wasn't satisfied because things weren't fixed. A few hours later the SA called me to say that they are going to have a Ford engineer come out the dealer to work on my car with the dealer technician. He said that while they had the car last week the Ford engineer could not come out to the dealer because he was on a month-long vacation. He said that they had involved engineering over the phone but that Ford engineering was not helpful and referred the dealer to the engineer who could come see the car in person. The SA also noted that Susan, the previous owner, had previously brought the car to a dealer in New York numerous times about the MyFord Mobile issues, so it's well-documented with Ford that this car has not worked correctly for MFM since it was new. The SA said that he'll likely want to have me come in while the Ford engineer is there to talk with him directly, rather that having the SA as the man in the middle on all communications.

My optimism is somewhat renewed. I don't know how expensive a TCM (Telematics Control Module) is for the FFE, but I'd think that replacing that might be the fix since that is the module that communicates with the MFM servers.

I have a location that shows up as a previously saved location in MFM. I am trying to create a Value Charge Profile now for that location. I can get through all the steps but when I click "Save" at the very end the screen momentarily goes gray and then nothing happens. I have tried on a Mac using both Firefox & Chrome and on Windows 7 using Firefox & on an iPad running Safari and all four times I have experienced the same result. I have also tried setting up Value Charging at other saved locations without a Value Charge Profile and the same thing happens. I am, however, able to make changes to existing Value Charge Profiles without an issue.

Can anyone else replicate this issue?

Back