Best trip Wh/mi

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hybridbear

I didn't see a thread for posting some of your best trip results. It's ok to post trips that involved elevation changes, but that should be disclosed.

Today my wife & I went over to my parents house for lunch. Our route is all city driving, mostly 25-30 MPH. This trip was uphill, although not much. Their elevation is about 40 ft higher than ours.

The trip home was even better:

It was also slightly less miles because of a detour for a stretch of northbound road that's closed which only affected us going to their house and not coming home.

Here is the MFM shot of my trip into work this AM. I will try and snap a picture of it tomorrow.

Whmile_zps7e5599bc.jpg

Peace,

Fr. Bill

frbill said:
Here is the MFM shot of my trip into work this AM. I will try and snap a picture of it tomorrow.
Well done Bill! I'm also amazed that you get Wh/mi data to show in MFM. Does it show all the time for you?

Yeah, my Wh/mile is always right on. My Brake Score and Driving Score though often show as zero. Very frustrating especially when I know it should be much higher. Here is my trip into school today.
2582C148-1223-47C1-B3B7-CF87EFC324B6_zpsipfrgr4t.jpg

I get that fairly consistently when coming into work. I never go faster than 35mph and frequently hit only 25mph on certain sections of the drive.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

frbill said:
Yeah, my Wh/mile is always right on. My Brake Score and Driving Score though often show as zero. Very frustrating especially when I know it should be much higher. Here is my trip into school today.

I get that fairly consistently when coming into work. I never go faster than 35mph and frequently hit only 25mph on certain sections of the drive.
Cool! Your Focus Electric must be a 2014, our 2013 doesn't show the decimal place on the trip summary.

We almost never get the Wh/mi to show in MFM, driving scores and brake scores are also hit and miss. Brake score shows the most often.

Technical Forum advice: Paint.NET is an excellent photo editing tool and you can crop those down for readability.

I'm jealous of the high efficiency scores ! Seattle is very hilly, and I climb about 240 feet from my office to the main road, which causes my kWh/mile meter to peg at 999.

I've been averaging about 260 kWh/mile on my commuting.

I would love a way to press a button to send your current Trip Meter data as a text message. I have a bunch of photos on my phone of my trip meter readings, and try to correlate them to what I see on MFM.

I've got a pretty good idea that my daily commute uses roughly 8.5 kWh of energy, which takes 10 hours to re-charge on the 120V charger at work.

hybridbear said:
frbill said:

Cool! Your Focus Electric must be a 2014, our 2013 doesn't show the decimal place on the trip summary.

We almost never get the Wh/mi to show in MFM, driving scores and brake scores are also hit and miss. Brake score shows the most often.

Perhaps it is a configuration option....I have a 2012 and I get the decimal point.

davideos said:
Perhaps it is a configuration option....I have a 2012 and I get the decimal point.
I have a 2013 and haven't noticed a decimal point on the last couple trips. I have all the firmware updates (afaik). But, I'll keep my eye on it.

WattsUp said:
davideos said:
I have a 2013 and haven't noticed a decimal point on the last couple trips. I have all the firmware updates (afaik). But, I'll keep my eye on it.
Did you ever see a decimal point on the 2013?

It is possible Ford just used a standard library to show the numbers and if the number is calculated comes up a whole number doesn't show the .0 (and your car always calculates whole numbers). Yeah I know: This is pretty thin gruel but its all I got... LOL

jmueller065 said:
It is possible Ford just used a standard library to show the numbers and if the number is calculated comes up a whole number doesn't show the .0 (and your car always calculates whole numbers). Yeah I know: This is pretty thin gruel but its all I got... LOL
Do you get decimal places on the trip summary on your 2013 FFE?

hybridbear said:
Do you get decimal places on the trip summary on your 2013 FFE?
I have no idea--I don't pay it that much attention.

I may have a pic of my trip summary in a blog entry....Nope! None of the trip summary, lots of the trip meters.

Back