Replacing damaged rear seats

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottt

Staff member
Ok, I'm a moron. I picked up an inkjet printer, and in the short 1.2 mile drive home, it dumped (what seems to be) the ENTIRE contents of the black ink cartridge all over the bottom of the rear seats (both sections of course).

Not even bleach is getting it out. Car isn't even a year old.

Ok. Few things. Do the 2012-2018 Focus Hatchbacks all use the same seat design/part? Including non-FFE?

Does the sedan also use the same seat part? I think a 2015 Focus Sedan with beige interior. Curious to know if it will fit before I make the journey.

Thx to all!

Facebook post in the Ford Focus Electric Group from a guy parting an interior in Canada.
"Hey guys, a buddy is parting out a 12 FFE and he needs to get rid of all the parts by next week. He's selling them for cheap. He bought the car for the powertrain, so all the other stuff has to go. His name's Andrew and phone number is 5195009722."

kalel14 said:
Facebook post in the Ford Focus Electric Group from a guy parting an interior in Canada.
"Hey guys, a buddy is parting out a 12 FFE and he needs to get rid of all the parts by next week. He's selling them for cheap. He bought the car for the powertrain, so all the other stuff has to go. His name's Andrew and phone number is 5195009722."

Thanks for this!!!!

So far best I can tell, my "range" for seats is 2015-2018, according to the Ford's parts database. Unsure if something physically changed, or if it was just a color/material change.

The research continues.

Ok, I bought parts from Ford. The pictures made it look like I was buying the rear cushions. However I ended up spending $267 on seat covers (just the fabric).

Apparently it's not to hard to install them, however one gotcha (so far)

I can't (for the life of me) see how to remove the cushion from the bottom metal plate. Does anyone have access to a service manual or such?

Thx!

Did you take the backseat out of the car? It would not surprise me if the foam is glued to the bottom. I'd take the seat out and start cutting the old cover off, making note of how it is attached.

Fat Focus said:
Did you take the backseat out of the car? It would not surprise me if the foam is glued to the bottom. I'd take the seat out and start cutting the old cover off, making note of how it is attached.

Yep, back bottom seats are completely out. Glued???? Oh no........

I'll look at things again and see if that's the case.

Thx

What a project. Finally (after getting hog ring pliers) got them done and back in the car. Thanks tons for the service manual pages.

Was the most expensive "free" printer ever.....sigh.

Back