8pm PST 7/29 app/site won't update car status - anyone else?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Anyone else seeing the same? I occasionally see this behavior and am just wondering how widespread it is.

My car is parked in my garage in suburbia, where it gets good reception and normally is able to report status.

The app says "Update failed. Try again later" and the site says "Unable to contact vehicle".

Same here past hour. 10:30 CDT currently.

WattsUp said:
Anyone else seeing the same? I occasionally see this behavior and am just wondering how widespread it is.

My car is parked in my garage in suburbia, where it gets good reception and normally is able to report status.

The app says "Update failed. Try again later" and the site says "Unable to contact vehicle".

Well, as of 10pm PST I still can't connect with the car.

Out of curiosity, I tried to remote start the car using the iPhone app. It didn't work (not that I really thought it would). The phone app said "Remote starting" for a while and then finally said "Unable to remote start" after a couple minutes.

But, interestingly... I still had the MFM website open in my browser, and its status display also switched to "Remote starting" all by itself. (I had only issued the command via the phone.)

So, apparently, there is communication occurring between the Ford servers receiving commands from the phone app and (presumably) polling requests from the website. Just no communication with the car itself... brilliant.

-----

Edit: Btw, the remote unlock feature isn't working either. Ramification being, if you were locked out of your car right now and needed the mobile app to be a lifesaver, you're screwed until Ford gets the car communication back up.

unplugged said:
Same issue with my car.

I'll give Ford a call to see if the system is down. I might have to call in the morning since they might be closed for the night.
Thanks.

Geez, doesn't Ford realize they need to staff their systems 24/7 if they are going to seriously offer these types of cloud-based services? They can't just go home and check things in the morning.

At the very least, the operating status of various features (car status, remote start, etc.) should be reported on the website/app, or updates sent out in text/email, so customers aren't left frustrated.

Same "Unable to contact vehicle" here, near San Francisco in good coverage area;
last update almost 9 hours ago.

IMPORTANT to me: one tire went soft, since that loss of communication (so "Tire Pressure" report is wrong, as is Vehicle Locator). I was thinking about calling for calling for roadside help, when didn't know severity of problem ... wonder if 'phone help goes down, too. They might have gone to wrong place.
(I got home OK, with 29 psi in that tire.)

Same here since last night around 5pm Eastern. Still offline.

I bet it comes back online this morning sometime between 8am and 9am as people show up to work at Ford! LOL

I sent a note to [email protected] this morning--I'm doubtful I'll get a quick response (if any at all).

7:15am Pacific, still not updating for me.

Last night I tried pulling and replacing the telematics control module fuse (F1 in the trunk), didn't help. Has anyone else tried to resolve this using one of the solutions previously posted on this forum for similar problems, i.e. disconnecting the 12v battery, or removing/adding their vehicle from/to their MFM account? The problem does seem to be system-wide, but I'm wondering if it was a "glitch" and that perhaps we need to each do something on our end to resolve.

Edit: Just tried to call Ford (800-392-FORD), support for MFM is closed for another hour. WTF???

v_traveller said:
Has anyone else tried to resolve this using one of the solutions previously posted on this forum for similar problems, i.e. disconnecting the 12v battery, or removing/adding their vehicle from/to their MFM account? The problem does seem to be system-wide, but I'm wondering if it was a "glitch" and that perhaps we need to each do something on our end to resolve.

Yes: Pulled F1, Pulled the Sync Fuse, deleted my car from MFM--THEN I read this thread! LOL

Okay, I just tried to send a vehicle health report from inside the car, came up with a server error. So more and more it sounds to me like it's "The System", not us nor our beloved FFEs.

I am having this issue too. I am going to call FORD and see what the issue is (1.800.392.3673).

I too have not been able to communicate with MFM since mid day yesterday (7/29/13) PDT. I did send Ford email with this problem.

Still not working for me at of ~11:30AM EDT.

If anyone's talked to Ford and been able to get anything *useful* out of them re: this, please post it for the rest of us.

WP

Okay I called, no immediately useful info... rep said that the case needs to be elevated... got a case # and a promise for a callback within the next 5 business days. I tried to convey that there are a number of us that are currently experiencing the issue, but perhaps everyone should call in to ensure they get the message...

WattsUp said:
you're screwed until Ford gets the car communication back up.

That's okay, Ford tells me that they will get back to me within 3-5 DAYS. Here is the post I put on the MyFordMobile forum:

After a half hour on the line with support, and three transfers (Ford uses one number, but each sub-department has their own number), someone finally took my case.

At first, she wanted me to remove my car from MyFordMobile and then add it back in. I told her that was like calling Verizon and the first thing they want you to do is master reset your phone. I explained that this issue was with at least 8 people just on the MyFordMobile forum, so it is affecting many others. She replied that, "well, that is just our process. But we will issue a case number for you." She gave me CAS-2893558.

I asked if others could refer to this number and she said it was only for my case. Then she said they would be back to me within 3 - 5 days. I said that given the fact this is affecting many people, they may want to make this issue a priority. She wasn't very concerned, saying it may be earlier, she didn't know.

If others want call, here is the last number sequence I used: 1-800-392-3673, then prompts, 1, 4, 2, 1.

Go ahead and make a case number, it might help and you might get a response in 3 to 5 DAYS.

unplugged said:
WattsUp said:
you're screwed until Ford gets the car communication back up.

That's okay, Ford tells me that they will get back to me within 3-5 DAYS. Here is the post I put on the MyFordMobile forum:

After a half hour on the line with support, and three transfers (Ford uses one number, but each sub-department has their own number), someone finally took my case.

At first, she wanted me to remove my car from MyFordMobile and then add it back in. I told her that was like calling Verizon and the first thing they want you to do is master reset your phone. I explained that this issue was with at least 8 people just on the MyFordMobile forum, so it is affecting many others. She replied that, "well, that is just our process. But we will issue a case number for you." She gave me CAS-2893558.

I asked if others could refer to this number and she said it was only for my case. Then she said they would be back to me within 3 - 5 days. I said that given the fact this is affecting many people, they may want to make this issue a priority. She wasn't very concerned, saying it may be earlier, she didn't know.

If others want call, here is the last number sequence I used: 1-800-392-3673, then prompts, 1, 4, 2, 1.

Go ahead and make a case number, it might help and you might get a response in 3 to 5 DAYS.

I'm very familiar with their "process". They have had me go through their "process" at least 5 times over the last 5 weeks in trying to fix communication between my car and MyFordMobile after the software update. I have spoken to Cynthia, Tamika, Donna, and Nick and they all want to go through their scripted process with no attempt to really troubleshoot the problem. Ford's support and troubleshooting capabilities may be adequate for a typical car, but they are not ready to support the more technically involved cars yet. Probably best that they don't plan to sell very many FFE's this year.

Fluke said:
Ford's support and troubleshooting capabilities may be adequate for a typical car, but they are not ready to support the more technically involved cars yet. Probably best that they don't plan to sell very many FFE's this year.
But, aren't these types of issues true of all their cars with MFM?

Back