Need to replace 12v battery

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITLists

Hi all, need some help here.
Have a 2017 FFE. Trying to remove the 12v battery but can't seem to get that front tray to lift up in order to slide the battery out.
Can anyone help with step by step instructions please? I'm hoping there aren't too many parts to remove to get the battery out.
Thanks

I think this will work for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUfNFdBEi2E Go to 5:30 and hopefully the next 30 seconds is all you need.

This is for an ICE, but it should be the same.

davideos said:
I think this will work for you. Go to 5:30 and hopefully the next 30 seconds is all you need.

This is for an ICE, but it should be the same.

Thanks for that. I've looked at ICE Focus videos as well and for the most part its the same procedure. But the EV doesn't have as much space to move and lift that front piece out of the way. The wiring loom is jammed against an electrical box.
I ended up calling a mobile battery service to get this done because the car had to be on the road soon. He had to unclip the wire loom from the front panel and move it out of the way. That made enough space for the front panel to slide up and forward enough to remove the battery. He had to use a forked tool to get those clips out.

Sorry that wasn't enough to take care of it. I have in the past just wiggled it out...must have been a smaller battery or something; but on the last replacement, just unclipping that front panel was enough for me. I'll have to take a closer look at that loom next time I have the hood open.

davideos said:
Sorry that wasn't enough to take care of it. I have in the past just wiggled it out...must have been a smaller battery or something; but on the last replacement, just unclipping that front panel was enough for me. I'll have to take a closer look at that loom next time I have the hood open.

Hey no worries bud, all good. That forked tool seems like a good investment... perhaps I'll get one for future use.

Back