Clock stopped working

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davideos

I've noticed recently that the clock stopped working. The main display on the infotainment shows the time when the car started, but it doesn't advance...just stuck at the same time. If I tap the time as if to change the time, it will show the correct time on the display; however, the clock will show as --:-- at the top of the display after returning to the home screen.

So it is keeping time, it just isn't displaying it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the shutdown of the 3G modem. Although I haven't used Value Charge for awhile, I've noticed that this feature isn't working either. It seems like it wants to set new values, but it will not save.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Mine is a 2012.

I can't confirm, but I will tell you it tries to update the time using the cell network. While AT&T killed their 3G service and the SIMs were deactivated, it was likely still able to see towers/cells nearby and that may have finally stopped in your area.

That's the direction I was thinking. I'll try pulling the fuse and see what happens. I just find it odd that it knows the time but will not display it. Basically, it shows the time for when the car turned on and never updates. I did try pulling fuses for the radio...79 and 81 if I recall correctly. I'll update here if I discover anything new.

Honestly, it could be a bug that never had the chance to appear before now. It probably doesn't happen immediately when connection is lost, but I doubt the software testing included weeks/months soak without a connection.

Figured it out. Pull fuse 67 and put back in. For me, it cause a "Maintenance message" that took a minute or so to complete, but after that, the clock started working again. Fuse 67 mentions Sync and GPS, but nothing about the radio or the clock. I got the tip from the Focusfanatics forum...although it was for a completely different radio/infotainment center.

davideos said:
I've noticed recently that the clock stopped working. The main display on the infotainment shows the time when the car started, but it doesn't advance...just stuck at the same time. If I tap the time as if to change the time, it will show the correct time on the display; however, the clock will show as --:-- at the top of the display after returning to the home screen.

So it is keeping time, it just isn't displaying it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the shutdown of the 3G modem. Although I haven't used Value Charge for awhile, I've noticed that this feature isn't working either. It seems like it wants to set new values, but it will not save.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Mine is a 2012.

If tabbing on the watch showing you correct time so may be the watch needs repair service .May be there is any inner issue in the watch as is tells the correct time when tab on it and not displaying it every time.

Back