Sync version and 4g modem

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jghall00

Has anyone running Sync 3.4 been able to get the 4g modem working? I just picked up my car from the dealership and none of the FordPass features work. Ford support said the dealership did not do the install correct, but I suspect it's my version of Sync because my Expedition doesn't have any of the FordPass features like remote lock/unlock either. It did for a brief time, but I think updating Sync broke the functionality. I'm currently running Sync version 3.4.21194. Ford's website says the latest version for my 2017 Focus is 3.0.20204.

I hope that is not the case, otherwise updating to the 4G modem would just be throwing money away, as I updated to sync 3.4 as well.

jghall00 said:
Has anyone running Sync 3.4 been able to get the 4g modem working? I just picked up my car from the dealership and none of the FordPass features work. Ford support said the dealership did not do the install correct, but I suspect it's my version of Sync because my Expedition doesn't have any of the FordPass features like remote lock/unlock either. It did for a brief time, but I think updating Sync broke the functionality. I'm currently running Sync version 3.4.21194. Ford's website says the latest version for my 2017 Focus is 3.0.20204.

How much were you charged for the modem if I may ask?

I don't recall the exact price, but it was around $380 at the local dealer. Installation was included.

Back