EV not charging (2015 FFE)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVPirate

Hello World!!!!

I had just finished my regular commute (apprx. 25 miles), w/ 20 miles of range left. I parked my car, turned it off, and attached my Lvl 1 EV charger as usual. However; this time no dice. The charge ring cycled twice, and went dark. The cable indicator shows that power is going, but that's all (the fault indicator is not lit up, neither is the charging). There are no indicators on my dashboard either. I can still drive the vehicle, but I don't want to risk running it bone dry. This happened once before, that time I just let it sit off the charger for 3 days. Then miraculously it started charging after I plugged it in. Any ideas on what going on? Thank you.

They're no codes. From all outward appearances everything seems fine. Except that it won't charge for some reason. The my ford app always says it's waiting to charge & plugged in; even though I have the vehicle on charge now

Hmmm, try setting up a value charge profile and then setting it to value charge.

Couldn't hurt to see what happens.

I did some trouble shooting, and noticed that the car registers the charger being plugged in (cycling rings) when it's on. But when I turn the vehicle off I don't get any cycling rings after plugging it in. No fault indicator on charger or car still

Back