Lease return for my 2016 FFE in California

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw714

In mid November, I turned in my 2016 FFE with 4 months left on my lease as I wanted to get into a Chevy Bolt before the California rebate was reduced from 2,500 to 2,000. This was my first lease ever, so I didn't know what to expect when I returned it. The car was in great shape with only 15k miles.

So my question is for anyone else who has ended a lease early in California. It has now been over 2 months since I have returned my lease and I called the dealership and Ford Credit about how much I still owe. I assume that I will just owe the remaining 4 payments (around $600) on my lease and be done, but I have now gotten different responses when I have called Ford Credit.

I was told that I have to wait for ford to sell the car and if the car were to sell for higher than the residual value, then I would not owe anything and could even get money back due to California lease laws. Other times I have called they have been no help and said to just wait until I receive a final statement in the mail and that will tell me if I owe anything.

Thank you for anyone with info.

my online account showed that I owe $215. But yesterday it now shows zero and it shows a payment for $12,800. I called ford and they say that the car was sold for that amount.

Back