Finally able to check off my 20K maintenance on MFM website

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Heeeey.... I just noticed that I was able to check that my 20K maintenance was "completed" on the MFM website, and the website remembered!

I actually had two identical reminders that kept showing up (under the "Vehicle Info" tab on the main page) and, no matter how many times I checked the "completed" boxes, they'd just be there again next time. Well, now it has been 48 hours and the reminders have not come back. Somebody is on the ball at Ford! (*sarcasm*)

Glad to read that.
What work was actually done, for that 20,000 mi. maint.?
Seem worth it??

(Mine is past due -- over 21,000 now. Have done none of those listed steps yet.)

JTCalif said:
What work was actually done, for that 20,000 mi. maint.?
Nothing. My point was, I was finally able to get the website to stop reminding me about the non-existent maintenance I needed to do. The checkbox finally worked (after months of not working). Every now and then I'd try checking them and clicking "ok", but it would never remember. Somebody must have fixed something.

I guess, with the FFE, you're supposed to take it in (to the dealer, of course) every 10K for an inspection, top up fluids, rotate tires, etc.. I check those things myself, and I'm probably due to rotate the tires again (did last time myself).

WattsUp said:
I guess, with the FFE, you're supposed to take it in (to the dealer, of course) every 10K for an inspection, top up fluids, rotate tires, etc.. I check those things myself, and I'm probably due to rotate the tires again (did last time myself).
What fluids does the FFE have besides window-washing fluid?

There is coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and windshield washer to start with. Just pop the hood and look at that big radiator (for the TMS and A/C).

jmueller065 said:
There is coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and windshield washer to start with. Just pop the hood and look at that big radiator (for the TMS and A/C).
No power steering fluid because it's electric power steering, right?

The Ford Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system uses no hydraulic fluid and has no fluid reservoir.

Because my FFE is leased, I plan to take it to the dealer once a year for a multi-point inspection and to get the steering joints greased and the tires rotated. Frankly, I'm looking forward to it.

Kakkerlak said:
The Ford Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system uses no hydraulic fluid and has no fluid reservoir.

Because my FFE is leased, I plan to take it to the dealer once a year for a multi-point inspection and to get the steering joints greased and the tires rotated. Frankly, I'm looking forward to it.
I'm confused. If you're leasing it, why would you care? Nothing will be wore out by the end of your lease. I also highly doubt the steering joints are able to be lubed. Most all ball joints now a days are lifetime lubricated from the factory. I sure hope you're not paying for this "service."

Chris is exactly right; the lease agreement specifies that you have to perform and keep a record of the maintenance schedule. It's obviously much more important on an ICE vehicle, but the language is still there for the Focus Electric.

I admit I also want to see if they'll even notice that it's Electric.

cwstnsko said:
I believe in the Lease agreement it states that you must maintain the vehicle in accordance with the maintenance schedule
I'm a bit skeptical of Ford penalizing you for improper tire rotation. Ford can adjust for tire wear, but nothing else. It's sort of like not keeping your battery connections clean. The same is true with not having "inspections" performed. Ford can't come up with a penalty for not having proper inspections performed. Of course, if some damage should result from not having inspections performed, I suppose that would be worth Ford pursuing. But, on the other hand, warranty would take care of the issue.

The only thing I can think of resulting in a penalty is allowing your coolant to go below the proper level and causing damage. But then again, we check that every week, right?

But doing service for fun is certainly okay. And I don't intend to ignore the little reminder, just because it is so cheap for "inspections."

Having recently returned a Ford Lease: They send the car to an inspection company at the end of the lease to check for damage. Once the inspection is complete you get a statement in the mail describing what they found and any damage found.

They don't really check your service history although they could since its all Ford and they have the records (if you've had a Ford dealer perform the service).

WattsUp said:
Heeeey.... I just noticed that I was able to check that my 20K maintenance was "completed" on the MFM website, and the website remembered!

I actually had two identical reminders that kept showing up (under the "Vehicle Info" tab on the main page) and, no matter how many times I checked the "completed" boxes, they'd just be there again next time. Well, now it has been 48 hours and the reminders have not come back. Somebody is on the ball at Ford! (*sarcasm*)
I just checked the 20k maintenance off in MFM for our car. It still is showing up twice. One thing I noticed is that the maintenance list on MFM doesn't match the maintenance schedule in the OM. On MFM is says you're supposed to change the coolant & coolant filter.
MFM

OM

hybridbear said:
One thing I noticed is that the maintenance list on MFM doesn't match the maintenance schedule in the OM. On MFM is says you're supposed to change the coolant & coolant filter.
Probably a bug?

Back