New mobile site...can't sync value charge times...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

Previously I had a default plus one location-specific value charge. When the new site kicked in, the one location had two separate entries. One of these had the desired schedule, the other some scrambled schedule. I can't edit or delete these entries...in the web site it seems to have worked, but I get a "Sync failed" message.

Otherwise the site seems to work generally as before. Anyone seen this? Any ideas how to edit and delete location-specific value charges now?

Thanks!

Maybe just delete the locations, eventually charge at them again (to create new unsaved locations), name the unsaved locations (to save them), and then set their charge profiles again.

WattsUp said:
Maybe just delete the locations, eventually charge at them again (to create new unsaved locations), name the unsaved locations (to save them), and then set their charge profiles again.
This is what I had to do. The migration carried over the one location that I value charge at (home) but the location had lost its coordinates. When I attempted to charge up again at home it couldn't find the preexisting location and just did a charge now. I had to delete the old and let it find "home" again before I could setup value charging.

The problem is I can't even delete the locations. It give me a "Value charged profiles have failed to sync" message every time.

If necessary I could entirely delete the car, but I'm hoping for an easier fix if anyone else has seen this.

Have you also tried pulling and replacing the "Telematics" fuse (I believe it is fuse F1 in the trunk fuse panel--check the owners manual).
If that didn't work I'd also pull/replace the Sync module fuse (in the fuse box behind the glove box).

Yes, I tried that now. Finally did a "factory reset" command. It didn't fix the problem seen on the web site (bogus locations still there, still not removable) but at least it re-initialized the car so there's the default schedule only.

michael said:
Otherwise the site seems to work generally as before. Anyone seen this? Any ideas how to edit and delete location-specific value charges now?
I lost my Value Charge settings tonight and the site won't allow me to set up a custom setting. The stupid thing is that the boxes that allow you to set charge times are all screwed up. They are set on top of one another and you can't move the setting boxes around now. Somehow, Ford managed to screw up the settings so now custom times can't be completed. I can no longer set my start time for 2 a.m.

It may be of some value if everyone reported on which OS and browser they were using--perhaps there is a commonality (e.g. everyone on XP using IE 5--yeah most likely not but I'm sure that combination wouldn't work too well ! LOL).

I've been logging in on Windows 7 and OSX using Chrome and haven't seen any of these issues. The closest thing I've seen is that if I attempt to edit my value charge settings the edit window doesn't remember my old settings but clearly my old settings are there as they are shown in the first window when I click on the Edit button on the page showing all the charge locations.

(In addition I haven't seen any of the errors/alarms that many of you have seen with your cars..very strange indeed.)

jmueller065 said:
It may be of some value if everyone reported on which OS and browser they were using--perhaps there is a commonality.
My problems occurred with Windows 7 and Chrome. I was actually able to get the Custom Value Charge window to sort of work on the weekdays. The weekend was totally screwed up.

After your suggestion about browsers, I tried it on IE and it let me easily work on the weekday again, but the weekend was still messed up. But then I switched over to Chrome and the weekend setting now works. I think it has something to do with the MyFord Mobile coding and how the website interacts with browsers. Odd that this wasn't a problem before though.

I don't have the impression it's a browser problem. I think the car doesn't accept a sync. A message to that effect pops up. Also...doesn't work on my iphone app. Only thing I can do is check the battery status

michael said:
I don't have the impression it's a browser problem. I think the car doesn't accept a sync. A message to that effect pops up. Also...doesn't work on my iphone app. Only thing I can do is check the battery status
It sounds like your FFE has a communication problem. This is not a problem with all FFE's. I far as I have seen on the forums, there seems to be a diverse number of problems that include both the website issues of setting the Value Charge and communication issues.

Perhaps the one positive sign is that you know it is a communication issue, so it is related to your car, not to Ford's software or your computer.

unplugged said:
Perhaps the one positive sign is that you know it is a communication issue, so it is related to your car, not to Ford's software or your computer.
Fwiw, I haven't been able to reliably communicate with my car since the system update. Before that, it worked the vast majority of the time. In my case, I'm pretty convinced all my new trouble is due to some new software bugs introduced in the update... not my car or situation.

I would just say all bets are off... the system currently seemed riddled with buggy behavior, front and back. Yet, at the same time, only some people's account are affected by these bugs. On top of this, perhaps some problems really are due to issues with specific cars and legitimate case-by-case communication issues (cell coverage, etc.). Whatever the case, there are so many simultaneous problems occurring, it is difficult to determine which is which.

It worked 100% before the update, zero now. It's not communication or location. Something changed with the update. But at least now I know it's not universal

I also had duplicate "Home" entries for the charging locations. One had valid coordinates and the other was in the middle of the Atlantic!

I had to do a factory reset, logout of the mobile application, log into the mobile website on PC and I was able to click on the blue "x" button to the right of the charging location that was bogus.

Back