AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disconnected and Reconnected the Fordpass app to my car, nothing changed.

wind_driven will probably have the most up-to-date modem software out of any of us here (including myself).

Side not regarding preferred charge times: In the Fordpass app, you can set 2 start/stop times for weekdays and weekends, but in the infotainment, you can only set up 1 start/stop time for weekdays/weekends. Not sure how Ford handles that communication with the new modem, but the car definitely doesn't seem to like it when you have a preferred charge time profile setup in both the app and car.

So going around other communities who have went through this whole 4G TCU upgrade mess and checking in.

Got this message on my C-Max this morning. Curious if anyone on the Fusion/Focus BEV side has received this yet?

"Due to software updates to the Fordpass app, preferred Charge Times, Departure Times, and Trip & Charge Logs will no longer be supported on your C-Max. However, you can continue to access and enjoy these features using your in-vehicle display. We regret any inconvenience this may cause."

JVgwVUy.jpg

cr08 said:
So going around other communities who have went through this whole 4G TCU upgrade mess and checking in.

Got this message on my C-Max this morning. Curious if anyone on the Fusion side has received this yet?

"Due to software updates to the Fordpass app, preferred Charge Times, Departure Times, and Trip & Charge Logs will no longer be supported on your C-Max. However, you can continue to access and enjoy these features using your in-vehicle display. We regret any inconvenience this may cause."

JVgwVUy.jpg

That's..... not comforting, lol. No message here for my Focus on Fordpass, atleast not yet.

I have not seen this through FordPass - at least not yet.

Quite frankly, I never could change value charging or go time schedules through the old MyFord app, so I'm not missing anything in FordPass. I always could, and still can, change them in the car through the display. The car just ignores them now.

The car also has no idea of how long it should take to charge. For the longest time after the modem upgrade, it would report something like 3 minutes to full charge, regardless of SOC. For the past week or so, it has been reporting 24 hours to full charge, also regardless of SOC.

As for what FordPass reports when the car s charging, I just plugged it in with 74% SOC at 10:25 pm on June 30 and FordPass is reporting:

Estimated finish time: Monday May 29 at 09:48

That is not a typo, it is telling me that it will be finished charging a month ago! :roll:

Our 2017 Electric Ford Focus finally got it’s 4G modem upgrade this May 2023. So far, so good. Can now use FordPass—have not gotten that message referenced above. Charging scheduling is very nice to have back, as is remote start. We have not allowed any software updates mainly because we are afraid of losing our current good state! :lol:

Got the message mentioned above. I love how they charge us for the modem upgrade, then take away features.

scottt said:
Got the message mentioned above. I love how they charge us for the modem upgrade, then take away features.

I just updated Fordpass to version 4.29.1 and it removed my ability to set preferred charge times from the app entirely, alongside any sort of driving or charging logs. It also re-named Departure times to "Scheduled Start". Never got the message but I assume it's coming soon.

Same experience as KP19, above :? Too bad, I was hoping I’d keep the nice new features….I guess Ford is just pushing us to the periphery…

Just discovered another drawback of this update, and probably the biggest one for me:

Fordpass no longer tells you when your car is plugged in and no longer gives you the estimated time for end of charge. That little blue bar at the bottom that showed an estimated finish time for your car's charge when your car was plugged in no longer shows up.

KP19 said:
scottt said:

I just updated Fordpass to version 4.29.1 and it removed my ability to set preferred charge times from the app entirely, alongside any sort of driving or charging logs. It also re-named Departure times to "Scheduled Start". Never got the message but I assume it's coming soon.

Lol, some manufacturers improve their vehicles as time goes on. Others make the vehicles worse. I actually used the logs and charge history. Sorry to see them go. I'm probably getting a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace in the next few weeks. I don't expect the customer service experience to be much better, but hopefully the nicer vehicle features will make up for it. Ford is headed towards my do-not-buy list, but I still my Expedition to tow my camper. I chose the I-Pace over the Mach-E because of all the issues I've had with Ford's support for its vehicles.

Just updated as well. There is now absolutely nothing about charging in the app. We didnt need that, right? So what are Mach-E and Lightning drivers doing? There has got to be complaints from them. My Ford Mobile was so much better.

Heima said:
Just updated as well. There is now absolutely nothing about charging in the app. We didnt need that, right? So what are Mach-E and Lightning drivers doing? There has got to be complaints from them. My Ford Mobile was so much better.

Mach-E and Lightning never used MFM, they both were designed from the beginning to use Fordpass. As such, they still have all their charging stuff and features since those cars were designed to communicate with Fordpass.

The Focus Electric (and C-Max Energi / Fusion Energi) were obviously never designed to communicate with Fordpass. As such, Ford evidently had trouble making the 3 cars communicate nicely with Fordpass, and decided to cut our features, give us the extreme basic features, and move on.

Has anyone tried downgrading their app or using one of the third party API tie-ins that used to be around? I was really looking forward to tracking down a TCU and doing this upgrade on an FFE and Energi. Now it seems as though there is almost no point. Just to confirm, the only features left are checking current charge/fuel level, oil life, lock/unlock, and remote start?

moofish2842 said:
Just to confirm, the only features left are checking current charge/fuel level, oil life, lock/unlock, and remote start?

Yeah that's about all that's left.

Back