AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anti_Climax said:
What is the module rev that shows in the ForScan module list?

HJ5T-14G087-UN is the calibration level, latest known is HJ5T-14G087-UP
Hopefully that answers your question

calvinhc said:
KP19 said:
Although if anything did change, it's that I've now got an "Oil Change Required" alert in Fordpass...

I just got this alert about a week ago, and I can't find a way to dismiss or delete it. I wrote about it in the "Oil Change Required Alert in FordPass" thread.

Yep, saw that. Interestingly, after my latest Forscan session, the "Oil Change Required" alert in Fordpass has disappeared just as fast as it appeared, and I didn't even do much this time around.

Anti_Climax said:
Wondered if that value changed at all with the SW update. Thanks.

No idea, can't confirm since it wasn't one of the values I saved before I got the modem updated unfortunately.

Anti_Climax said:
Looks like someone might have sent one but it may be on hold due to my inbox being full.

Not sure who sent it, but they may want to check their outbox or try again.

I've been keeping tabs on the Motorcraft site to see if anything new comes up for the H models and the calibration level HJ5T-14G087-UP that KP19 mentioned above is the latest I have found. This is also what I have on my DIY install on my 2013 C-Max. The timestamps on the files show around September '22 for those.

However if anyone has anything newer, it would be nice to know. Most features are working fine on my C-Max except for the missing EV trip data. It's up in the air if that is a calibration level or something with the IPC which is one of the gateway modules in this one. I want to update the calibration on the IPC to test that but I need to acquire a spare one to play with so as not to brick my daily driver in the process. It has been noted in Ford's bulletins for this upgrade that the IPC needs to be updated for 2017 MY C-Maxes but doesn't clarify why and it is ONLY for the model year for some reason. There's some guesses it may be to fix an errant 'press brake to start' message that pops up even if yours is a keyed ignition model when using remote start as seen by some owners and starting in the 2017 MY it looks like they started dumbing down the trims to where more were key equipped. But this is all just guesses.

EDIT: Just to clarify the process that I'm using to check for updates personally: Using the following link and just entering the strategy/calibration filenames and bumping up the lettered suffix which is often associated with newer updates for the same module. I only have access to Forscan and it isn't always aware of the newest updates. UN and UP for this TCU for example I had to manually load in.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/Support?channelId=50&categoryId=288

Latest filenames that I've been able to find:
Strategy: HJ5T-14G139-UP
Calibration/ECU config: HJ5T-14G144-UR

And I've just incremented the last bit on the page above so HJ5T-14G139-UQ, UR, US, etc.. and HJ5T-14G144-US, UT, UU, etc..

The official answer is "Oh, you wanted the TCU data? That has to pull through IDS, we can't just look it up by VIN. I thought you wanted the SYNC info..."

Seems it would need to be queried on IDS while connected to the vehicle.

Anti_Climax said:
The official answer is "Oh, you wanted the TCU data? That has to pull through IDS, we can't just look it up by VIN. I thought you wanted the SYNC info..."

Seems it would need to be queried on IDS while connected to the vehicle.

Honestly I'm not too surprised that you got that answer. From what I've seen between of this whole upgrade mess and how Ford's IDS system works, most techs probably have no clue what calibration levels are used beyond 'whatever the latest IDS pushes' as it isn't really front and center.

Most of Ford's TSBs that involve calibration updates usually say something to the effect of 'Make sure your IDS is at least version x.xx and update the ABC module to the latest calibration'. Some side comments from some people with more inside knowledge of Ford's workings have also indicated that they generally don't revise or recall and roll back calibration levels and only roll forward. So the latest should always be stable. If not, it won't be for long as long as Ford is made aware of whatever issues a given calibration level may have.

I was hoping this would have been gathering info from another owner or someone other than a Ford tech. Ideally any owner who would have gotten updated more recently and having them review the calibration level using something like Forscan.

hvCcPgG.gif

FYI there appears to be an update to the CSP 21B09. Mainly extending the CSP to July 31st, but also allowing the C-Max and other non-upgraded vehicles to get the upgrade with new modem hardware and (supposedly) a software update for all vehicles that have already received the upgrade.

Sounds good.
I checked Ford Pass and did not see any notice.
Going to Ford I see a link for CSP 21B09, but clicking it brings up nothing.
searching for CSP 21B09 online only returns hits from 2021 and 2022.
How did you get this info? Do you have a link?
Thanks

Heima said:
Sounds good.
I checked Ford Pass and did not see any notice.
Going to Ford I see a link for CSP 21B09, but clicking it brings up nothing.
searching for CSP 21B09 online only returns hits from 2021 and 2022.
How did you get this info? Do you have a link?
Thanks

I don't think you'll get a new notification if you've already gotten the upgrade. Owners of affected Non-upgraded vehicles will receive a new owner notification letter (in the mail, I assume) with the extended deadline from what I have from the document.

This info is courtesy of one of the guys in the Cyanlabs discord.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../1099014244709703700/21B09_-_Supplement_2.pdf (Hoping this URL works for you guys, since I don't think I can add files here)

Thank you KP19! It seems that update is for Ford Canada. So we might not hear a peep about it south of the border. Thank you for the link nevertheless.

Heima said:
Thank you KP19! It seems that update is for Ford Canada. So we might not hear a peep about it south of the border. Thank you for the link nevertheless.

Highly doubt this is a Canada specific update, considering it adds the C-Max back into the program (they issued a pause on C-Max modem installs a while back due to issues with the modems in C-Max vehicles)

KP19 said:
Heima said:

Highly doubt this is a Canada specific update, considering it adds the C-Max back into the program (they issued a pause on C-Max modem installs a while back due to issues with the modems in C-Max vehicles)

Yeah, there was no indication it was Canada specific when it was posted over on Discord. And at least as far as the firmware/hardware stuff goes, that's all North America-wide so it would apply to both countries anyways.

As hinted at above, supposedly the previous TCU models have new updates available. Unfortunately nothing posted yet on that. Looks like we are waiting on someone to do said update via IDS/UCDS and report the new calibration levels so those of us stuck with Forscan can take part. I've used my existing trick on DSFM just incrementing the calibration level suffix but have not come across anything new beyond the update dated last September. So it may have a completely new 'code' which makes it much harder to track down without the official tools.

It's unlikely to be Canada specific - they haven't even confirmed a date for 3G sunset there. Though I believe Rogers was going to consolidate all the traffic to 850MHz so they could dedicate 1900MHz to other use. They're almost always available together, so that's not likely to have real impact on it's own.

(Guess what I do all day at work...)

What does "Use IDS level 128 or higher is now required to address various programming issues encountered" mean?

I had the modem upgrade done in March 2022 and ever since then I have not been able to use Value Charging or Go Times, plus the estimated "time to full charge" has been a bogus value (like 0.1 hours regardless of actual SOC). Ford Canada has been useless in the matter.

I'm thinking I should have my dealership "use IDS level 128 or higher" in an attempt to fix this problem, but I would like to know what this means a little better.

Back