Help buying a SOBDM

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azfordown

My focus has been down for the count for close two a year now. I think (not sure) that all I need to fix is a new SOBDM. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you guys give me a hand, point me in the right direction? I tried and failed to get from mrrsauto.com despite me sending them a photo to confirm that they were selling me the right part, what I got was the emergency 110v charger that comes in the trunk. I'm hesitant to go through the same process all over again.

The car runs, everything works, but I can't charge it anymore. It's got about 50 miles of range in the battery left. I'm in Arizona.

Have you checked https://www.car-part.com/ ? Should be under the option Year(Choose your Focus Model Year)-Ford-Focus-Hybrid Converter/Inverter-(electric vehicle, EV), converter.
You'll need to sort it by highest to lowest price, as the FFE and gas Focus are mixed together in the listings. The higher price ones seem to be the electric variant. Ask them for pics of the part they're selling to confirm it's the SOBDM (tell them it's the big assembly underneath the car, where a catalytic converter or exhaust resonator would have been in a gas car). Send them the pic I attached if you have to in an email.

Back