AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jghall00 said:
Just wanted to share an update. If you view my post history, I've had continuous issues with missing functionality after the 4G upgrade. Ford disabled my FordPass account because I used a 3rd party app to try and get my vehicle working. I wasn't the only person this happened to, so I followed directions I found online to get it resolved. The customer service rep said they would enter a ticket to fix it. I called back when my account still was not accessible after a week. The customer service rep inquired about my non-functional 4G upgrade, reached out to the dealership, and said they would work with the dealership directly to get it fixed.

That that was last week. The car is due in tomorrow. This AM, Ford called and said an update was made on the server side, and if it resolved my issues there's no need to take the car to the dealership. My FordPass account is not working...it's like it disappeared via app, but the same login works on the website. So I tried launching FordPass on my wife's phone (she didn't use the 3rd party site and get her account locked). Low and behold, it prompted for activation and we now have all the missing functionality that has been gone since the 4G upgrade. The charge level, range, charge status etc.

So whatever the source of the issue was, it appears to originate with Ford's server configurations. I'm glad they finally got it fixed. But very disappointed that it took several months after Ford collected my money. Not sure if someone at Ford has been monitoring online commentary on this. But it's going to take awhile to regain confidence in them after this fiasco. Supposedly they're working on a quality initiative that will take several years to yield improvements. They're lucky I don't have a good alternative for my Expedition. The Focus will be gone next year as soon as that $7,500 credit comes back. I'd rather sell while there's still some warranty left for the purchaser.

Is your value charge and such working, or just the Ford Pass app connection?

Thx

Not sure. I don't have a time of use plan, so I've never tried value charge. The option is there in the app. I'll see if I can test it out this evening and report back.

jghall00 said:
Not sure. I don't have a time of use plan, so I've never tried value charge. The option is there in the app. I'll see if I can test it out this evening and report back.

Test out Departure / GO Times as well! I used to use those a lot when MFM still existed but they've been broken for me since my upgrade.

My Fordpass app just got updated, the single change note is "This update includes fixes for departure time scheduling"

Wondering if this is for us, not getting my hopes up though

Anti_Climax said:
The app said it couldn't connect but it pushed and I can see it on the dash. I had to enable it in the vehicle side after that.

Same here, deleted all my preferred charge locations in the app, got the connection error message, but when I checked in my car they were all gone.

Got a service appointment with my dealer, they are going to check the car's modem for any software/configuration updates.

Dropped my car off yesterday night with the dealer. Got a call this morning with an update, they checked the modem for updates and according to the dealer there was a "Pretty lengthy" update for the modem, so that sounds like good news so far!

Picked up my car from the dealer, a lot of stuff seems to have been fixed on the car side. My car now knows what time it started / will finish charging, instead of giving me the times of when I last DC fast charged it. I will test out departure times / value charge times tomorrow.

Anti_Climax said:
Any chance you can get then to confirm exactly what was updated/changed?

Do you know what revision of modem you got initially?

The only thing they told me was that it was a pretty lengthy update. I got my modem swap done back in March 2022, right after MFM died, but I'm not sure what revision it was. Nothing on the "About Sync" Page changed.

Talked to the dealer and they have nothing in the system to even check for an update because the part was never intended for my model.

I need to figure out what they're doing. I know there was a newer version with an updated software rev that I had considered loading but I don't have a hardwire OBD adapter.

Sorry for the delay but I can confirm Value Charge / Charge Scheduling does indeed work for me. Fordpass says it's "Waiting to Charge" Also, as soon as I added a preferred charge location through the Fordpass app, Fordpass suddenly decided it did indeed want to communicate with my car, instead of giving the usual "Fordpass isn't responding" error.

KP19 said:
Sorry for the delay but I can confirm Value Charge / Charge Scheduling does indeed work for me. Fordpass says it's "Waiting to Charge" Also, as soon as I added a preferred charge location through the Fordpass app, Fordpass suddenly decided it did indeed want to communicate with my car, instead of giving the usual "Fordpass isn't responding" error.

Ok, that's two! :)

Anti_Climax said:
Can anyone pull the data from their TCU post upgrade to see what may have changed? Also curious to see what rev the module enumerates to ForScan.

I can pull mine, just gotta wait for my Forscan extended license renewal to process and then I'll probably have something tomorrow.

So I pulled the TCU AsBuilt data through Forscan and compared it to an earlier pull I did back in early October, and I can not for the life of me find anything different in any of the blocks.

Although if anything did change, it's that I've now got an "Oil Change Required" alert in Fordpass...

KP19 said:
Although if anything did change, it's that I've now got an "Oil Change Required" alert in Fordpass...

I just got this alert about a week ago, and I can't find a way to dismiss or delete it. I wrote about it in the "Oil Change Required Alert in FordPass" thread.

Back