Oil Change Required Alert in FordPass

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvinhc

A couple of days ago, FordPass had a vehicle alert appear for my FFE saying that an oil change is required.

After having a bit of a laugh, I thought I could go into it in the app and dismiss or delete it. No such option! In the Alert Details, the "What is Happening" says, "You have exhausted your engine oil-life and need to change the engine oil now." In the "What should I do?" section, it says, "Urgent - oil change service required."

I thought maybe there was some code or alert from the vehicle that the app was interpreting as needing an oil change, so I got out Forscan and took a look only to find that there was nothing there and everything was fine.

Has anyone else got this alert and how did you manage to clear it, if you did? Anybody have any other suggestions?

Are you sure it isn't an ICE car? Just kidding. My car is 2012 and no longer connected to the system; but in my sync version, I could go to a menu that would send a vehicle health report and then see it online. Perhaps if you still have that option, then perhaps that would clear the issue. Just a thought.

It's based on a plain timer. My guess is that the code that triggers it isn't smart enough to know it's an EV but the UI is, so it doesn't show the option to dismiss because you "don't need it".

I'd guess they'll realize at some point but you should probably let Ford know.

Would get texts from dealers saying I needed to come in for an oil change.

I'd call, make 110% sure they had my car records up when they were telling me this. They assured me yes. So, I made an appointment and would pop the hood and have them show me where the oil went. They have yet to find where it goes :)

I got the alert in Fordpass after doing some stuff in Forscan earlier. No idea how to get it to go away, but something I did in Forscan made it appear in the first place so.

EDIT: The timestamp on the alert indicates it showed up as soon as I got home and plugged in, so I don't believe it was Forscan. Wish I had seen it while in Forscan though so I could see if I could get it to go away lol

davideos said:
Are you sure it isn't an ICE car? Just kidding. My car is 2012 and no longer connected to the system; but in my sync version, I could go to a menu that would send a vehicle health report and then see it online. Perhaps if you still have that option, then perhaps that would clear the issue. Just a thought.
LOL - except for the fact that everything under the hood is almost as clean as the day I got the vehicle, it just might be an ICE, but after 127,000 km (79,000 miles) it's gone a long way on the dealer's initial fill up!

I don't recall seeing that in the menus, but I'll check again.

Anti_Climax said:
It's based on a plain timer. My guess is that the code that triggers it isn't smart enough to know it's an EV but the UI is, so it doesn't show the option to dismiss because you "don't need it".

It was in the shop for its final maintenance service under the maintenance plan back in November - had to use a different dealership as mine is undergoing renovations and their temporary location is not convenient. I'm wondering if it was getting a 'reset' on the timer with each previous service at my own dealership, and this dealership didn't do that, so now I'm getting the alert.

I couldn't see anything in Forscan that might need clearing or resetting, but then I'm not well versed in everything in Forscan.

Sometime today (03-Feb-2023), the Oil Change Required alert disappeared from FordPass.

It was still being displayed this morning, but by 5 pm it was gone. We'll see if it ever returns again. Now if I can only get the OTA update to fix value charging and go times.

Back