HELP! car dead when turning off engine

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyevdriver

this is 2016 FFE. when turned off the engine, the car was dead immediately, no light on dashboard, remotes did not work. this happened several times recently. I jump started the car and drove it to dealer to check out the battery. battery checked out good by dealer. I drove back and it worked fine for a few days and then it shut off again. now after two days just parking in my driveway , the small 12V battery still read 12.5V so I think the small 12V batter is alright but the car remote won't work. I opened the door using the key and car won't start, no dashboard. if it isn't the battery, what would it be?

Thanks you for your input.

If it's not the battery, it's the connection to the battery. That's pretty much the only thing that will leave it totally dead.

Check the clamps for tightening and/or corrosion.

Anti_Climax said:
If it's not the battery, it's the connection to the battery. That's pretty much the only thing that will leave it totally dead.

Check the clamps for tightening and/or corrosion.

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll check the battery connections and report back.

Could still be the 12V. Check the voltage with a load on the 12V. But yeah I think Anti_Climax nailed it. Sounds like a bad connection to the 12V battery.

Back