scottt
Site Moderator

Re: AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

I received the following from the Ford dealer who did my 4G "upgrade", as I've had an open case for the value charge failure.

"I did get a call from ford this morning. I was told that an update was deployed to you vehicle and the update is expected to resolve the issue and they wanted me to check with you and see if the concern was resolved. "

Needless to say I was very pessimistic, but what the heck. So, when I got into my car yesterday afternoon, I looked at the charging screen........and the times were no longer frozen.....what???

I had to reset my value charge times, no biggie at all. So I set them to my early morning times and drove home. I ended up needing to charge anyway, so I plugged the car in after pulling into the garage. And........the car didn't immediately start charging!!! Progress!!!!

Left the car plugged in, and it charged overnight.

I tried to inquire if there was a Sync software update or how would I tell if something updated. The response

"Ford did send the update specifically to your vehicle. "

So, I have no idea if my system resets if I'll lose the "update". If this REALLY was JUST for my car, etc etc......

Bottom line......at least so far......I appear to be FIXED!!!
2015 Magnetic FFE (aka Magneto) - Retired
2017 Kona Blue FFE (aka King Kona) - Current
KP19

scottt wrote: I received the following from the Ford dealer who did my 4G "upgrade", as I've had an open case for the value charge failure.

"I did get a call from ford this morning. I was told that an update was deployed to you vehicle and the update is expected to resolve the issue and they wanted me to check with you and see if the concern was resolved. "

Needless to say I was very pessimistic, but what the heck. So, when I got into my car yesterday afternoon, I looked at the charging screen........and the times were no longer frozen.....what???

I had to reset my value charge times, no biggie at all. So I set them to my early morning times and drove home. I ended up needing to charge anyway, so I plugged the car in after pulling into the garage. And........the car didn't immediately start charging!!! Progress!!!!

Left the car plugged in, and it charged overnight.

I tried to inquire if there was a Sync software update or how would I tell if something updated. The response

"Ford did send the update specifically to your vehicle. "

So, I have no idea if my system resets if I'll lose the "update". If this REALLY was JUST for my car, etc etc......

Bottom line......at least so far......I appear to be FIXED!!!
Do your GO Times (Departure Times in the Fordpass App) work now as well? Ford SYNC website says I've got the latest SYNC version (3.0.20204) and Fordpass hasn't been updated recently AFAIK. Would love to know if this could be rolled out to other Focus EV owners!
scottt
Site Moderator

Sorry, I do not use Go times, as (where I live) the winter peak hours for electricity are from 6am to 11am, right when I'd want the car to warm up before I leave.

Thus, I've never used them. I'll remote start the car while it's off the charger if it's a really cold day. Luckily my FFE is garage kept.
calvinhc

scottt wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:03 am I had to reset my value charge times, no biggie at all. So I set them to my early morning times and drove home. I ended up needing to charge anyway, so I plugged the car in after pulling into the garage. And........the car didn't immediately start charging!!! Progress!!!!
What do you mean by having to reset your value charge times? We're they cleared by the update?

Mine are still there, so I'm guessing I haven't received the update yet.

I had contacted Ford about this back in the spring, and they promised a software update by the summer, but still nothing. I think it's time to contact them again.
2017 Kona Blue FFE (aka Lecky Blue)
scottt
Site Moderator

calvinhc wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:03 pm
scottt wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:03 am I had to reset my value charge times, no biggie at all. So I set them to my early morning times and drove home. I ended up needing to charge anyway, so I plugged the car in after pulling into the garage. And........the car didn't immediately start charging!!! Progress!!!!
What do you mean by having to reset your value charge times? We're they cleared by the update?

Mine are still there, so I'm guessing I haven't received the update yet.

I had contacted Ford about this back in the spring, and they promised a software update by the summer, but still nothing. I think it's time to contact them again.
My value charge times were reset back to 12:00am to 12:00am. I set them back up as they're supposed to be, and so far everything is working.

I have no idea why they only (appeared to have) updated my car. Unsure if I'm a guinea pig or what. I'm just thrilled I don't have to stay up to 1am anymore.
KP19

I have no idea why they only (appeared to have) updated my car. Unsure if I'm a guinea pig or what.
Could be they are rolling out to a very select few to see if the updates work before rolling out the rest of us. Would love to see if this update also fixes GO Times as well since I used that quite a bit before I got my modem upgrade.

Return to “Technical Discussions”