AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife got an activation prompt today. Since we had the 4G upgrade done back in March, only one of us was able to use FordPass. I guess Ford is doing some work on the backend to fix what they broke.

As an aside, EVgo is also showing support for Plug and Charge in v7.8.1. I emailed them a few days ago and their response was noncommittal. Then this morning it said activate Autocharge+.

KP19 said:
Is anyone else getting a bug where when you manually refresh the home page of the Fordpass app, it acts like you just remote-started your car from the app and shows the shutting-off timer at the top of the screen?

Thankfully it doesn't actually start the car, but still.

I've just notice this happening this past week. Quite annoying!

calvinhc said:
KP19 said:
Is anyone else getting a bug where when you manually refresh the home page of the Fordpass app, it acts like you just remote-started your car from the app and shows the shutting-off timer at the top of the screen?

This seems to be going around. Already seen it myself on my C-Max and a few other C-Max owners have reported it as well. Likely just a temporary glitch.

cr08 said:
calvinhc said:
KP19 said:

This seems to be going around. Already seen it myself on my C-Max and a few other C-Max owners have reported it as well. Likely just a temporary glitch.

That's good to know it's not just us experiencing this glitch.

On the bright side, those of us who own a 17/18 Focus EV will be glad to hear it seems they've fixed the multiple "Desired Charge Reached" messages issue when doing a DC fast charge past 80%. I did a few DCFC sessions over the weekend and had a few times where I charged past 80%, yet only got one message "Desired Charge Reached" message.

My estimated charge completion continues to update with every DC fast charge but still doesn't update for Level 1/2 AC charging.
Currently, mine is stuck on Sunday, Oct 02 at 2:24 PM.

Fordpass app apparently got an update this past weekend. So far, I've noticed that I'm now getting push notifications from the app, but the "Set Charge Level Notification" button is entirely gone now as well.

I haven't noticed anything else.

I received an email from from Ford indicating an update is available to complete the 3G to 4G modem upgrade with Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 22-2309. I never had this TSB update completed because Ford ended up acquiring my 2016 Focus under the California lemon law and assisted me in acquiring a new Ford vehicle earlier today.

What they describe in the TSB sounds like the faults seen by the bad config they were blindly applying. Just a couple bytes telling it to set a different mode at least gets you the activation/lock/unlock/start/location stuff.

Still not reliably getting trip data and not getting logs of charge sessions at all, only last queried SoC :/

I received the following from the Ford dealer who did my 4G "upgrade", as I've had an open case for the value charge failure.

"I did get a call from ford this morning. I was told that an update was deployed to you vehicle and the update is expected to resolve the issue and they wanted me to check with you and see if the concern was resolved. "

Needless to say I was very pessimistic, but what the heck. So, when I got into my car yesterday afternoon, I looked at the charging screen........and the times were no longer frozen.....what???

I had to reset my value charge times, no biggie at all. So I set them to my early morning times and drove home. I ended up needing to charge anyway, so I plugged the car in after pulling into the garage. And........the car didn't immediately start charging!!! Progress!!!!

Left the car plugged in, and it charged overnight.

I tried to inquire if there was a Sync software update or how would I tell if something updated. The response

"Ford did send the update specifically to your vehicle. "

So, I have no idea if my system resets if I'll lose the "update". If this REALLY was JUST for my car, etc etc......

Bottom line......at least so far......I appear to be FIXED!!!

scottt said:
I received the following from the Ford dealer who did my 4G "upgrade", as I've had an open case for the value charge failure.

"I did get a call from ford this morning. I was told that an update was deployed to you vehicle and the update is expected to resolve the issue and they wanted me to check with you and see if the concern was resolved. "

Needless to say I was very pessimistic, but what the heck. So, when I got into my car yesterday afternoon, I looked at the charging screen........and the times were no longer frozen.....what???

I had to reset my value charge times, no biggie at all. So I set them to my early morning times and drove home. I ended up needing to charge anyway, so I plugged the car in after pulling into the garage. And........the car didn't immediately start charging!!! Progress!!!!

Left the car plugged in, and it charged overnight.

I tried to inquire if there was a Sync software update or how would I tell if something updated. The response

"Ford did send the update specifically to your vehicle. "

So, I have no idea if my system resets if I'll lose the "update". If this REALLY was JUST for my car, etc etc......

Bottom line......at least so far......I appear to be FIXED!!!

Do your GO Times (Departure Times in the Fordpass App) work now as well? Ford SYNC website says I've got the latest SYNC version (3.0.20204) and Fordpass hasn't been updated recently AFAIK. Would love to know if this could be rolled out to other Focus EV owners!

Sorry, I do not use Go times, as (where I live) the winter peak hours for electricity are from 6am to 11am, right when I'd want the car to warm up before I leave.

Thus, I've never used them. I'll remote start the car while it's off the charger if it's a really cold day. Luckily my FFE is garage kept.

scottt said:

What do you mean by having to reset your value charge times? We're they cleared by the update?

Mine are still there, so I'm guessing I haven't received the update yet.

I had contacted Ford about this back in the spring, and they promised a software update by the summer, but still nothing. I think it's time to contact them again.

calvinhc said:
scottt said:

What do you mean by having to reset your value charge times? We're they cleared by the update?

Mine are still there, so I'm guessing I haven't received the update yet.

I had contacted Ford about this back in the spring, and they promised a software update by the summer, but still nothing. I think it's time to contact them again.

My value charge times were reset back to 12:00am to 12:00am. I set them back up as they're supposed to be, and so far everything is working.

I have no idea why they only (appeared to have) updated my car. Unsure if I'm a guinea pig or what. I'm just thrilled I don't have to stay up to 1am anymore.

I have no idea why they only (appeared to have) updated my car. Unsure if I'm a guinea pig or what.

Could be they are rolling out to a very select few to see if the updates work before rolling out the rest of us. Would love to see if this update also fixes GO Times as well since I used that quite a bit before I got my modem upgrade.

Perhaps they are rolling it out selectively, but I would expect that they should know by now that it is either working or not.

I sent a message to Ford Canada Customer Service about this (and an issue about the navigation maps) on December 1 and their response on December 5 about this was simply:

We understand your vehicle is pending a software update to enable expected features. We at the Customer Relationship Centre extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced at this time.

Enable expected features?!? How about restore features that worked fine for over four years? No indication of when this might be fixed. In fact, there was no indication that they even knew anything about the issue.

I spent over $400 on the modem upgrade only to lose value charging and GO Times. The frustrating thing is that our chance to order an F150 Lightning came up in September and we have placed our order. I'm seriously thinking that Ford may not have what it takes to serve customers of electric vehicles and to add insult to injury, we just found out this week that our F150 that won't be built until about next May will be the wrong colour! They messed up the order somehow.

The sales associate we are dealing with is doing what he can, but Ford doesn't seem to take this seriously enough. I have let him know about our FFE issues and how this combined with the F150 order mess up places our confidence with Ford really low. We'll see what comes of this.

If they won't change the colour, we'll start advertising a brand new F150 Lightning for sale in order to flip it the day after it's delivered to us. Given the current market, we could probably flip it for a $10k gain. :lol:

calvinhc said:
I sent a message to Ford Canada Customer Service about this (and an issue about the navigation maps) on December 1 and their response on December 5 about this was simply:

We understand your vehicle is pending a software update to enable expected features. We at the Customer Relationship Centre extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced at this time.

Enable expected features?!? How about restore features that worked fine for over four years? No indication of when this might be fixed. In fact, there was no indication that they even knew anything about the issue.

At least the person you talked to acknowledged a software update. The Ford Customer Service Rep I talked to basically told me the upgrade was complete and the CSP was closed for my car.

Just wanted to share an update. If you view my post history, I've had continuous issues with missing functionality after the 4G upgrade. Ford disabled my FordPass account because I used a 3rd party app to try and get my vehicle working. I wasn't the only person this happened to, so I followed directions I found online to get it resolved. The customer service rep said they would enter a ticket to fix it. I called back when my account still was not accessible after a week. The customer service rep inquired about my non-functional 4G upgrade, reached out to the dealership, and said they would work with the dealership directly to get it fixed.

That that was last week. The car is due in tomorrow. This AM, Ford called and said an update was made on the server side, and if it resolved my issues there's no need to take the car to the dealership. My FordPass account is not working...it's like it disappeared via app, but the same login works on the website. So I tried launching FordPass on my wife's phone (she didn't use the 3rd party site and get her account locked). Low and behold, it prompted for activation and we now have all the missing functionality that has been gone since the 4G upgrade. The charge level, range, charge status etc.

So whatever the source of the issue was, it appears to originate with Ford's server configurations. I'm glad they finally got it fixed. But very disappointed that it took several months after Ford collected my money. Not sure if someone at Ford has been monitoring online commentary on this. But it's going to take awhile to regain confidence in them after this fiasco. Supposedly they're working on a quality initiative that will take several years to yield improvements. They're lucky I don't have a good alternative for my Expedition. The Focus will be gone next year as soon as that $7,500 credit comes back. I'd rather sell while there's still some warranty left for the purchaser.

Back