C1014-07 Brake error - problem solved.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

After putting in neutral and doing some aggressive 70 mph stops on the friction brakes attempting to scrub the rust off my rotors, I started getting a brake warning light when shifting to neutral while rolling. Then it would come and go before being a constant problem.

Error was C1014-07-68 which as far as I can tell there is a brake booster travel sensor and a brake pressure sensor. When the brake booster travels too far for the pressure the error is thrown.

Service manual says to bleed the brakes and see if that solves it. If not replace the brake booster.

I used FORScan to use the ABS pump to bleed the brakes and I noticed the caps on the front bleeder screws were moist and they don't have a nice firm stop when tightening them. I suspect this is where air got into the system. They didn't feel like there was air in the system but bleeding the brakes, clearing the error solved the problem. I did have to drive the car a bit for the error light/dash warning to go away so don't panic if you have this error and it doesn't immediately go away after bleeding the brakes.

I figure next spring after 9 winters in the rust belt I will finally replace my rotors and pads. I scrubbed off a good mm or two of brake pad trying to get the rust cleared from the rotors so I have a decent enough contact patch to use the friction brakes when needed. I am a little annoyed that the front bleeder screws are a 9mm hex. I should figure out what screw thread is and get bleeders with a 10mm hex so I can use the same wrench as the rear when bleeding them again in the future.

yeah but it is rage worthy when your metric flare wrench set does not have a 9mm size :evil:

I have since rectified this bough a 3 wrench set on amazon that had a 9mm. I didn't want to pull a bleeder just to figure out what the threads were and have to bleed the caliper again.

Back