AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case it's of use to anyone else, this "stuck" charging data has persisted across TCU swap/program, 12V disconnect, Sync Master Reset, Sync SW update (3.0 to 3.4), full HV battery discharge (0% + 1kWh reserve and the full SNS warning), L1/L2 charging sessions and configuration/toggle of value charge.

If anyone has any info on other things to try or look for, I'm totally down. I have a pretty extensive toolset for capturing CANBus data now - bought a second CANDue to have full capture on two busses (so it can MITM comms if needed). Pretty sure this data is stored in the APIM but I'd love to be proved wrong on that. This may literally be the last charging session I had before the MFM app was shut down - I just can't imagine how that data would be dependent on MFM to update. Though I suppose stupider things have happened.

Also going to reach out to my Ford support contact and see if they need beta testers or feedback.

So I've been doing a lot of driving lately, and thus a lot of DC fast charging. I've come across another, but annoying, issue with the FordPass app and DC fast charging. Basically, if I decide to DC fast charge past 80 percent, I'll get a "Reached Desired Charge Level" message for every percent past 80%. I have no clue as to why this occurs, but it gets annoying quickly having to open each message to mark it as read.

KP19 said:
So I've been doing a lot of driving lately, and thus a lot of DC fast charging. I've come across another, but annoying, issue with the FordPass app and DC fast charging. Basically, if I decide to DC fast charge past 80 percent, I'll get a "Reached Desired Charge Level" message for every percent past 80%. I have no clue as to why this occurs, but it gets annoying quickly having to open each message to mark it as read.

Unfortunately I've experienced the same issue. If you find a fix, please share. Thankfully, I don't DCFC often, so I can get ignore it for now.

Anti_Climax said:
In case it's of use to anyone else, this "stuck" charging data has persisted across TCU swap/program, 12V disconnect, Sync Master Reset, Sync SW update (3.0 to 3.4), full HV battery discharge (0% + 1kWh reserve and the full SNS warning), L1/L2 charging sessions and configuration/toggle of value charge.

If anyone has any info on other things to try or look for, I'm totally down. I have a pretty extensive toolset for capturing CANBus data now - bought a second CANDue to have full capture on two busses (so it can MITM comms if needed). Pretty sure this data is stored in the APIM but I'd love to be proved wrong on that. This may literally be the last charging session I had before the MFM app was shut down - I just can't imagine how that data would be dependent on MFM to update. Though I suppose stupider things have happened.

Also going to reach out to my Ford support contact and see if they need beta testers or feedback.

Any luck with your Ford support contact?

jghall00 said:
KP19 said:

Unfortunately I've experienced the same issue. If you find a fix, please share. Thankfully, I don't DCFC often, so I can get ignore it for now.

I wish I knew a fix for it, but I, unfortunately, don't. If I do find a fix, however, I will gladly post here.

scottt said:
Any luck with your Ford support contact?

"We do have an Early Access Program that gathers feedback about both FordPass and over-the-air software updates, but the ability to join is currently limited to owners of our vehicles that have over-the-air software update capability."

Pretty sure none of the Focus Electrics fit that.

Dunno about that. As I often see a message on the center screen telling me that Synch is downloading an update and certain services might not be available. Of course, no update is downloaded, but I swear a few years back it did do an over the air software update.

Is anyone else's "Charge Type Network" in Charging Details populating with info? I clicked on Charging Details earlier and found that "Charge Type Network" at the bottom had populated with "Level_1_120_VAC_" instead of the usual "N/A". Opening the Charging Details page also now crashes/reboots the entire app, so good luck lol.

I also noticed that setting a Charge Level Notification no longer auto turns off, and stays enabled. I will see if it actually functions now.

KP19 said:
I also noticed that setting a Charge Level Notification no longer auto turns off, and stays enabled. I will see if it actually functions now.

Seems to function, but I only got an in-app notification, not a push notification.

KP19 said:

I noticed this as well, and it is very annoying particularly because it is a bit of a time-consuming process to delete the messages in FordPass. It would be really nice if one could check/highlight a number of messages and do a single delete for the bunch.

I understand that usually 80% is a basic target for fast charging, but it all depends on just how fast the charging is going. Here in Canada, unless a DCFC unit is free to use (and we do have some still!), the charge is by the minute, not by the kWh, so when the car starts slowing down the charge, the energy cost goes up.

One day, I'm going to plot this on a graph for a better look, but at one point, all the DCFCs that I would use never provided more than about 42-43 kW, and my FFE would take that rate up until about 90-92% before ramping down. When more units came online capable of delivering 52-53 kW (which seems to be about the maximum my FFE can take at all), it begins to ramp down at about 87-88%.

Since the charger is delivering the same energy level beyond 80%, there is no reason to stop at that point, and the messages in FordPass start.

For those of you who have had this (cough) upgrade (cough) done. Any issues with your HD radio? I keep getting messages on the screen that HD isn't available (when it used to be). The artist and song titles are "Acquiring". Etc.

I wonder if they nicked something, or didn't plug a cable back in. Just wasn't sure if all that was in the left rear of the car.

Thx!

scottt said:
For those of you who have had this (cough) upgrade (cough) done. Any issues with your HD radio? I keep getting messages on the screen that HD isn't available (when it used to be). The artist and song titles are "Acquiring". Etc.

I wonder if they nicked something, or didn't plug a cable back in. Just wasn't sure if all that was in the left rear of the car.

Thx!

I've had the HD radio going in and out quite often, however, I believe that my dashcam is the one interfering with the radio signal. It's possible I'm wrong, though.

scottt said:

Thx!

The TCU upgrade wouldn't have affected this. The HD radio signal comes through the same FM signal and your ACM/FM tuner which is also a separate antenna feed from the TCU. The messages you are seeing simply indicate it can't get a solid lock on the HD signal. Depending on the station you're listening to, the HD signal doesn't reach as well as the analog FM does (mostly due to power limit rules in place by the FCC) and once you get on the edge of that range, the HD signal will go in and out and display these messages you see.

If behavior has significantly changed, I'd tune into other HD stations and see if they act similarly. More than likely it is just something with the signal at that station.

I'd add that in any given area, signal almost always degrades over time unless the broadcaster is making a specific effort to boost it. The best case is usually no change at all. If for no other reason than construction over time. May not be the cause here, but something to bear in mind.

cr08 said:
scottt said:

Thx!

The TCU upgrade wouldn't have affected this. The HD radio signal comes through the same FM signal and your ACM/FM tuner which is also a separate antenna feed from the TCU. The messages you are seeing simply indicate it can't get a solid lock on the HD signal. Depending on the station you're listening to, the HD signal doesn't reach as well as the analog FM does (mostly due to power limit rules in place by the FCC) and once you get on the edge of that range, the HD signal will go in and out and display these messages you see.

If behavior has significantly changed, I'd tune into other HD stations and see if they act similarly. More than likely it is just something with the signal at that station.

Yep, getting similar results from multiple stations. That's why I was wondering if something got nicked or not plugged in all the way after the modem upgrade. They really made a mess of the car (panels scratched, dirt and grease everywhere, pieces missing) so I figured a cable could have been missed/damaged too.

scottt said:
cr08 said:
scottt said:

Thx!

Yep, getting similar results from multiple stations. That's why I was wondering if something got nicked or not plugged in all the way after the modem upgrade. They really made a mess of the car (panels scratched, dirt and grease everywhere, pieces missing) so I figured a cable could have been missed/damaged too.

I'm not terribly familiar with the layout of the Focus Electric, but there could be a REMOTE possibility they could have dislodged a wire somewhere related to the antenna? I believe on some Ford vehicles they have power going directly to the antenna on the roof for amplification. Though the techs would have to have been really careless on the TCU upgrade if they managed to affect any of this.

How's normal analog AM/FM reception? Any stations on the analog side with worse reception now?

Is anyone else getting a bug where when you manually refresh the home page of the Fordpass app, it acts like you just remote-started your car from the app and shows the shutting-off timer at the top of the screen?

Thankfully it doesn't actually start the car, but still.

Back