whats the highest odometer reading on a FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adnan1980 said:
Elektra said:
adnan1980 said:
I just hit 50500 miles... still no battery fade......but I do get less miles, i think because I still have the factory tires... and the thread is really low... new tires are expensive.,.
You may have battery fade and you might not know about it. Have you reset one trip meter and done a battery run down test?

No I have not done a run down test, not sure how do it do it? do I just keep the car running with heat on and see how much of power was consumed when it dies off?

So I did run down test, I got about 16.2 kWh when the battery drained, current reading 51K

adnan1980 said:
So I did run down test, I got about 16.2 kWh when the battery drained, current reading 51K
When your FFE was new, you probably would have seen around 19 kWh, or even more, for the run-down test.

So, you have approximate battery fade of at least 15%.

My 2017 FFE, received November 2017, now has 113,190 km (70,333 mi) on it, 13,593 km (8446 mi) from regen. Available range has been dropping about 2-3% per year, though after a recent reboot of the system for another reason, the guess-o-meter seems close to being back to original full-charge range.

Still have original tires, but as I am in Toronto, winter tires are on the vehicle about 5 months of the year, so the all-seasons have about three years of wear on them, and may be ready for replacement in the next year.

Here's my 2017 at 42,600 miles. I'm over 50,000 miles now and still racking them up. Doing around 25,000 per year, because we try not to drive the other cars. I'm ditching this one when the battery warranty is up. Way too risky out of warranty.

rwRQwI6.png

Back