New LED main Headlight Low-Beam Bulb Anyone? Aftermarket...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrons

Anybody try to save on watts by changing out the standard H11 halogen low-beams to one of the many new LED plug-n-play solutions?
You can save around 50 watts on power draw. I usually use my headlights all day & night both, like DRL's during the day. I just leave the headlight switch 'ON" all the time to do this, as they go out when the car is off. Each old halogen bulb uses 55w, for 110w total, and the new LED's can be about 50 watts total for 2.
I've been thinking about getting a well-reviewed Amazon.com thing, the
719D4n6iUmL._SL1200_.jpg

Is this a spam post? The FFE doesn't have 55W halogen low beams it has 20W HID. Might be 25W I don't remember. At some point they upped it to I think 35W HID. Someone correct me on the numbers.

triangles said:
Is this a spam post? The FFE doesn't have 55W halogen low beams it has 20W HID. Might be 25W I don't remember. At some point they upped it to I think 35W HID. Someone correct me on the numbers.
Good catch! You are right, HID, and 25 watts, D8S part number, from the Owner's Manual.

Interesting how HID is slightly more efficient than LED headlights. The 25 watt LED H11 headlights might not quite match the light output of the OEM stock HID headlights actually. In fact, other LED replacements run at 30 watts, so HID's win this in general.

I've heard sodium-vapor lights at the gym are very efficient, and these headlight Xenon HIDs do about as well or better in efficiency (watts/lumens).

Wow, I looked up 2016 Ford Focus Electric (they did have the 'Electric' model option...) on RockAuto, Autozone, O'Reilly Autoparts, and Amazon, and they all said H11 (halogen) for the low beams!! My other 2 cars use H11, so I guess if I would have ordered the LED H11's I could still use them on my C-Max anyway.
81HPsCzwERL._SX425_.jpg

Yes, I tried to replace the low beam bulb with one of the many new plug-n-play LED solutions and I am very satisfied. I saw a huge difference. Saving 50 watts of power consumption for both bulbs is a particularly good result. I also felt this difference very much and I was delighted. But the problem was that I found it quite difficult to find some quality bulbs. I bought them from a website where I also bought some led lights for car interior and I was delighted with both products. It's really worth the money.

For me better solution was full led lense assembly. (Although my headlights is from I.C.E. focuses). I converted from H7 halogens to full led. Light is awesome and I dont blind anyone. But I had to modify my headlights to do this.

I bought lense assembly from aliexpress.

IMG-20211217-181852.jpg

IMG-20211218-002149.jpg

IMG-20211218-002121.jpg

Back