AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottt said:
Wanted to ask (after reading all this). Is there anyone who had their modem upgrade just "work" the first time? Or did it require 1 or more trips back to the dealer for reprogramming, etc?

My upgrade is scheduled shortly, and if there's anything I need to test, tell the dealer, etc.....

Thx all!

I've been back to the dealer. For the both the initial installation and the 2nd visit, they kept the car for several days. The issues still have not been resolved. Right now the upgrade only added remote start, lock, and unlock. I don't get charging status, range or location data. The dealer suggested it was a Fordpass issue. I don't know, just tired of dealing with Ford's shitty dealer network and lack of software support.

Looks like Ford released a new calibration for the modem: HJ5T-14G139-UN. The previous version was "-UM." I'm going to update in Forscan and see if it fixed my issues with range, charging status, etc.

jghall00 said:
Looks like Ford released a new calibration for the modem: HJ5T-14G139-UN. The previous version was "-UM." I'm going to update in Forscan and see if it fixed my issues with range, charging status, etc.

Or maybe not. I keep getting a service procedure interrupted message in Forscan. Guess I'll just have to continue dealing with the limited functionality in the app.

Or maybe not. I keep getting a service procedure interrupted message in Forscan.
It took 2 hours for the update from -UM to -UN. I turned off screen savers, power management, etc, so that the update could proceed uninterrupted.
Check if you have a screen saver running. Check if your power settings are set to change after a certain amount of time.
I use the maximum performance power mode and set everything to Never shut off or go to sleep. I also am on the AC adapter.
And.... I use a 12V battery charger attached to the 12V battery, because the car will go to sleep per se. The 12V battery charger will keep enough current available for the respective systems to stay operational when the car "sleeps". Again, its 2 hours. A sickly 12V battery could drop well below 11V after 2 hours of powering the still active systems.

scottt said:
Wanted to ask (after reading all this). Is there anyone who had their modem upgrade just "work" the first time? Or did it require 1 or more trips back to the dealer for reprogramming, etc?

My upgrade is scheduled shortly, and if there's anything I need to test, tell the dealer, etc.....

Thx all!

My upgrade worked the first time, albeit I had to wait a few days. I did shop around a bit, see if any dealers around me sounded like they knew about the upgrade, and did mine at a dealer that sounded like they had already done an upgrade before mine.

jghall00 said:

At this time at least on the C-Max side the move from UM to UN doesn't have any visible/noticable changes. Just an FYI. Ford has basically halted these modem upgrades to fix some software issues on their end regarding all this.

My FFE is under the knife at the dealer getting this done.

2+ days have gone by without a peep. I told them to take their time....however a little update would be nice. Going to call later today if I haven't heard anything.

scottt said:

2+ days have gone by without a peep. I told them to take their time....however a little update would be nice. Going to call later today if I haven't heard anything.

Your experience sounds like mine. Days with no update. Hopefully it works when you get the car. I suggest not leaving until you can confirm it's working.

jghall00 said:
scottt said:

Your experience sounds like mine. Days with no update. Hopefully it works when you get the car. I suggest not leaving until you can confirm it's working.

What should I expect to work immediately, vs stuff that will take a day or two to "sync up" ?

scottt said:
jghall00 said:
scottt said:

What should I expect to work immediately, vs stuff that will take a day or two to "sync up" ?

When mine "worked," I got remote lock and start immediately. I never got range, charge status, or vehicle location information.

I'm still waiting for my dealer to even get the 4G modem, it's been an ordeal :?

The dealer says that the 4G modem has been "ordered" but that they are delayed due to "chip issues".....sigh..... I was told repeatedly that Ford will still cover the installation, but that remains to be seen, of course.

I'm kinda used to not having the connectivity now, although I do miss setting the Value Charge times (that went away when we pulled the TCU fuse, "cellphone passport module" fuse") and I miss the remote starting (although can still use the key fob when in range).

I wonder, are there others like me, still waiting for the modem? I went with this dealer mainly because they said they had done a modem swap back in the spring, on a C-Max, I believe.

wind_driven said:
I'm kinda used to not having the connectivity now, although I do miss setting the Value Charge times (that went away when we pulled the TCU fuse, "cellphone passport module" fuse") and I miss the remote starting (although can still use the key fob when in range).

I miss all of the customizable notification settings that MFM had. Fordpass has 1 settable notification that I know of, and it doesn't even function for us yet.

Got it back (dealer messed up some trim pieces installing it). I can remote start the car, location works, etc.

I cannot get my value charge to work. I charge between 1 and 5am. I set it up on the screen in the car (as I've always done) and it looks like the car just keeps on charging regardless of what time I plug it in

I set up a value charge profile in the app. We'll see if that works.

The car screen says it will only take 52 mins to charge, however my battery is only 25% (or so) full. Sounds like I'm "stuck" as others on this thread have mentioned.

Anyone been able to fix this? Thx

Anyone who has the 4G modem gotten their value charge to work again?

Thx

I'm able to set preferred charge times through the app for specific locations, though the universal default needed to be done through Sync locally.

I'd imagine your want to use a location for peak/off peak scheduling so it doesn't impact charging while out and about during those hours.

But I have to note that I am now running sync 3.4 and not the 3.0 I had before. So that may or may not be a factor.

It is also capturing my trips to the EV driving list but not capturing the energy/efficiency info and is STILL estimating the charge session based on my L1 session on February.

Anti_Climax said:
I'm able to set preferred charge times through the app for specific locations, though the universal default needed to be done through Sync locally.

I'd imagine your want to use a location for peak/off peak scheduling so it doesn't impact charging while out and about during those hours.

But I have to note that I am now running sync 3.4 and not the 3.0 I had before. So that may or may not be a factor.

It is also capturing my trips to the EV driving list but not capturing the energy/efficiency info and is STILL estimating the charge session based on my L1 session on February.

I tried the app, and I was able to set a specific location. However it did not change the charging times. System appears frozen. It always says it will take 52 mins to charge the car, regardless of how depleted the battery is.

That sounds like mine - the data is showing for some charging session just before MFM was shut off. I don't think those actually impact the ability for it to charge, it just sucks that it is not updating the data. I set a preferred time and I'm pretty sure it still started charging when it was supposed to.

If you plug in to charge then check the app, you'll be able to go into status and it should show a literal time and date for when it started charging and when it will end. Mine are dates in February for my last session while it was still in my garage on jack stands. I'm guessing yours shows something similar. It shows on the main screen in charge settings, as a pop-over window on the main screen, on the right cluster screen and on the mobile app and web dash.

I've been really wondering about that being stuck and, as much as it sucks to say, glad I'm not the only one seeing it. That means it's likely to be addressed eventually

Unfortunately mine starts charging the moment I plug it in (even though it says it will start at 1am).

Sigh......

All this headache and I had to pay for it too.....

Back