Don't know about the dealer.
Though it might seem that my installation has been problematic, it hasn't been as bad as it sounds.
I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I want things to go right and am willing to take extra time, extra effort to make them happen that way.
I am not used to doing these types of repairs/modifications on a car, I am more of nuts and bolts type of repair person.
I can say that after hooking everything up, the system did work. It took a couple of hours for the message to appear on the center screen to permit the remote access.
After that it was just a matter of waiting a few days for things to magically happen.
I say magically, because it happened without interaction by me.
For example, after activation, the map in the FordPass app would only show my phones location. A little over a day later, the car's location appeared. And it was fairly accurate.
I did nothing for that to happen.
You would think that in this age of computers, the feature set would propagate instantaneously. However, I believe that there might be time synched scripts (cron jobs) that occur at odd hours, and not in sequence, so it takes a couple days for stuff to work out. Perhaps there is some poor sap somewhere, that has a menial job of verifying X for every Ford Pass activation, and only after he has done that, does the feature set actually become available. You never know what happens on the back end.
Suggestions for things that my speed up the process or make it go smoother? No guarantees here, but guessing....
1. Download, setup, and activate the FordPass app on your phone well before the kit is installed. What could it hurt?
2. After the installation and the dealer has supposedly set the As Built configuration, make sure that they have downloaded and installed the latest revision of the firmware for the TCU. -UN, -UP, or later.
3. After that is done have them disconnect the 12V battery for a few minutes. Or you can do that for certain when you get the car back from them.
4. The bulletin that describes the work the dealer is to do is not very complete. It gives about 3 steps to remove all of the trim pieces and it is incorrect. The latest service manual describes the process better, and even following that, it was fairly difficult to remove trim pieces so that they were not damaged. The black fabric-type cover in the trunk side where the modem will go will get man-handled, So expect that to get damaged or torn. Two things I did that were not mentioned in the service manual was to remove the upper battery cover, and the trunk sill piece. With these two things out of the way, it was easier to lift that black fabric-type cover up. Not out, because it looks to be impossible to remove it without tearing it or removing the LH rear seat striker.
5. Its no consolation, but the person doing the repair probably knows less about the car than you. So if you do have the opportunity to talk to them before the repair, buddy up with them, let them know you are not in a rush, and they can take their time. Making the situation more personable, will make the tech work better.
I am sure there are others who can chime in with suggestions.