Mobile aplication will not work in februar :-(

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Got massage on my mobile app for ford focus electric that app will stop working after february 2022.
This is not fair … we paid for app and now is over ???

I traded my FFE in 3 1/2 years ago when I bought a Tesla Model 3. However, I never uninstalled the Ford Mobile App from my phone, and this morning, I got the same message. I found it interesting that Ford referred to this capability as a "complimentary trial" that was included with the car at time of purchase. They also said that owners could purchase a 4G modem upgrade kit and download a different app to keep the service running.

Keith

KamilTrondheim said:
Hi,
Got massage on my mobile app for ford focus electric that app will stop working after february 2022.
This is not fair … we paid for app and now is over ???

What year is your car?

This is what I got in my app:

ftJzqFx.png

I am curious, will the application be sunset, or is it just not being able to get a 3g signal? One of the reasons I ask is that I am in an area where there is no signal right now, and the system works fine.

Is buying the modem and installing it something the end user can do? Do you need to move to the new Ford app? I forget the name right now.

Getting the TCU is difficult, they're moving to FordPass and plan to add in some of the missing features in the next few months.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say the system works fine in a place with no signal.

I was thinking that I don't have a cell signal at my house, but in review I realized that AT&T makes it here a bit.

I think it is interesting that my car is still preheating itself in the mornings, even though the app and website are not functioning. I also wonder how I would make it stop, if I wanted to?

kenogren said:
I am not aware of a way to change go times in the Ford focus Electric's User interface.
In the settings somewhere in your sync system. I don't use it and it's been so long I don't remember exactly where it is but it is there. Also Go times and Value charging are dependent on the TCU so pulling the F1 fuse disables both these features as well.

Back