2014 FFE with 33.5kWh battery pack for sale by owner

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjhunter

Happy New Year everyone! For folks in the Tucson/Phoenix area, I am selling my 2014 FFE. The battery pack was replaced (under warranty) in September 2017 with the larger 33.5kWh pack, so it reliably gets ~120 miles of range in typical city driving. It's white, has 58,700 miles on it, drives perfectly, and everything is in excellent condition. Send me a private message if you're interested.

thanks,

bob

Good car there, lucky you with the 33kWH battery! I guess it's the one time it payed for the original battery to fail. Nice!

How many miles on the new battery so far?

I just traded in a '16 FFE at 34k miles, 5 years total, with $4k in hail damage, and the dealership credited me with $7,900 on a new Leaf. Insurance company gave me $4k a year ago, so 'technically' I guess it was valued at $11,900. I'd think you could get at least that much in a trade-in. Maybe more at full retail, given the higher range newer battery. I'm guessing $13k to a private person direct, or $10k at trade-in or to CarMax wholesale. ?

About a year ago my focus was in an accident and they were going to total it out - until they realized that they couldn't just cut me a check for a 2012 since it had the battery upgrade.

At that same time, there was someone out here in Glendale that was selling their 2013 with the battery upgrade and I believe they got 12K for it. It was at 47K miles. I have the posting saved but it's in a format that only seems to open on mobile Chrome. Let me know if you want a copy.

Anti_Climax said:
About a year ago my focus was in an accident and they were going to total it out - until they realized that they couldn't just cut me a check for a 2012 since it had the battery upgrade.
Not sure why the insurance gave a rat's patoot about what battery it had in it. To them, a 2012 is a 2012.

They are obligated to replace my loss with something roughly equivalent. If you have a 2012 ICE that just had a brand new upgraded engine installed and you can prove it, they can not just calculate your loss based on the original equipment - that's not what was lost. When I got the upgraded battery I even asked them if that change in value would change my premium and I was told it would not. I just needed to make sure it was documented and I had the dealership paperwork for the upgrade.

Ignoring the actual cost/value of the battery, what I lost was a 2012 body that had a 1 year old 115 mile battery and not a 5 year old 60 mile battery (Capacity was way down on that old pack).

So when they realized that my car was effectively a 2017 without the fast charge option, suddenly the repairs weren't "too expensive". They had to reach out to the dealer to ask about what that pack would cost to put in a 2012 and that was that.

Back