Traction light came on and lose power

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith6945

Hello all, i have a 2012 FFE and was driving and i get an Service Advancetrac error and both traction light and VSC light came on and i lose power. I restarted the car and was able to continue driving. Recently had main battery replaced. Do you guys/girls have any idea what could be wrong?

izUgKBP

A shot in the dark here, how is the 12V battery? Is it putting out at least 12.5v connected with the car off for 5 minutes?

Don't start the car. Open the hood. Remove the plastic cover from the 12V battery. Close the doors and wait 5 minutes for the lights to go out, displays to go dark, etc, and the contactors to open. You will hear a thunk. Then use a multimeter to measure the voltage across the battery terminals. It needs to be higher than 12.4VDC.

Also could be the fuse for the traction control. Can't remember which one is that. I posted the service manual and wiring diagrams in another thread. Might want to consider downloading them and taking a look.

Also some other folks might have answers for you as well. You can check the battery in the mean time.

Back