My Ford mobile app no longer updates

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw714

Using the My Ford app on my phone, I am unable to receive any update. When I try to refresh the main/home screen, I receive a failed message after about 1 min of trying to receive an updated stats. The last update I have received was 2 days ago.

Is anyone else having any problems with the mobile app? I have a samsung galaxy 5 this is the first time in almost 3 years I have had any issues at all with the app not being able to get an updated stats from the car.

I don't even know anything about needing a modem upgrade. i have not had any upgrades for any hardware in my car.

Mine is a 2016 FFE, but I leased it new from ford in April 2017. Is there a way to see what modem I currently have? I just went to fords website and put in my VIN and there are no recalls or Field Service actions listed for my car.....

Now I went out to my car this morning and my 12 volt battery is completely dead. I am not able to even unlock the doors and had to use the key to do so. I just replaced my 12v battery with a new one 3 months ago.

what is going on?

Please go to thepaulstrory.wordpress.com. It is the best explanation that I have seen.

Silver Rabbit

2017 Ford Focus Electric
2017 Honda Clarity Electric
2017 Chevrolet Impala

thanks SilverRabbit. That was a great read. I am in hopes that I disconnect my 12v then reconnect and jump it. Not sure if i will need to replace it or not as I did so about 3-4 months ago.

https://thepaulstory.wordpress.com/2018/04/28/12v-discharging-problems-on-the-ford-focus-electric/
This is the wordpress link you were looking for.

You can also read about my 12V issues here:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32196#p32196

The solution I have found to the 12V issues is to pull the F1 fuse and lose TCU functionality. Another alternative is to install a low voltage disconnect to disconnect power from the TCU if it misbehaves so you won't find your car with a dead 12V battery again until your 12V battery reaches the end of it's useful life.

Thank you, that really helped. Meanwhile, I have researched the problem and I came to a sad verdict. Those necessary apps like the one mentioned above are having more problems with the optimization and adaptability because of the fact that there are more money and people involved in apps like https://clubvip777.com/web/empire777/ than in really useful apps. That is sad, from on point of view, but fair from the other, because such apps like the one mentioned before are more profitable and also more downloaded, so more money, more quality provided by the developers. The things are that simple!

Pulling the F1 fuse and losing TCU functionality is the only way I've discovered to fix the 12V problems. Installing a low voltage disconnect is another option, which will cut off power to the TCU if it acts badly, preventing you from having to start your car with a dead 12V battery again until the 12V battery has reached the end of its usable life.

So a while back, I sought to see what was discharging my 12v battery while the car sat for weeks on end.
I did not have any classic TCM problems, just a message in the instrument cluster that something was wrong with the 12v battery.

I did what you would do to track down a parasitic drain, but nothing was definitive.

I was reseating fuses and relays, and saw that R15 was not fully seated. This was seen by R16 (adjacent to R15) being deeper into the fuse block than R15. After pressing R15 fully in, the parasitic draw was gone.

I realize that doesn't make much sense, but who knows. R15 is for the vacuum pump. But R10 is also for the vacuum pump. I did not notice any braking problems, but maybe if R15 is making poor contact, R10 is still able to keep the vacuum pump functional?
If you pull out R15, and push it back in, you will see that it stops short. You need to push a little harder to make it fully seat.

If you are standing at the front of the car, R15 is at the upper left corner of the under hood fuse box. Next to the catch for the fuse box cover. R10 is the solid state relay with the weird heat sink in the center of the fuse box.

Hope this helps

Wondering if that put it in a state that kept it from fully entering standby. Obviously not enough to trigger an actual DTC but it's not like this would be the first problem that doesn't.

Check for App Updates: First, make sure that you have the latest version of the Ford mobile app installed on your device. Sometimes, outdated app versions can lead to issues. Visit the app store on your device (Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for iOS) and check for updates.

Internet Connection: Ensure that your device has an active and stable internet connection. The app requires an internet connection to fetch and display data.

Device Compatibility: Verify that your device is compatible with the Ford mobile app. Check the app's requirements in the app store to ensure it's compatible with your phone's operating system version.

Location Services: Some features of the Ford mobile app, such as vehicle tracking and remoteIndia Travel Blog start, may require access to your device's location services. Ensure that location services are enabled for the app in your device's settings.

Account and Login: Double-check that you are using the correct login credentials for your Ford account within the app. If you've recently changed your password, update it in the app as well.

Server Issues: Sometimes, app issues can be due to server problems on Ford's end. Check Ford's official website or social media channels for any announcements about serviceUsha Destinations disruptions or outages.

Reinstall the App: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Ford mobile app. This can often resolve issues related to corrupted app data.

Contact Support: If the problem persists, it's a good idea to reach out to Ford's customer support or technical support team for assistance. They may be able to provide specific solutions for your situation.

A tip for spammers: Before you post thinking that the title of the thread is self-explanatory, read through the previous posts to have an understanding of the context of the thread. That way, you won't look like a total moron to those of use who do know the context, and know that the Ford Mobile App has been deprecated for over a year.

Heima said:
A tip for spammers: Before you post thinking that the title of the thread is self-explanatory, read through the previous posts to have an understanding of the context of the thread. That way, you won't look like a total moron to those of use who do know the context, and know that the Ford Mobile App has been deprecated for over a year.

Solid advice.

Back